Chapter 16

L E V I ' S   P O V

"Trinity!" I called as Ophelia and I entered the house.

Ophelia was about to intervene when suddenly, Trinity came running in, her blonde hair swishing behind her with her moments.

"Yes, sir?" She linked her fingers together respectfully in front of her.

Ophelia paused behind me as she went behind my back shyly.

"I got a little cut at work," I started off as I looked at my finger. I looked up at her to see her reaction but she just patiently waited for me to continue. "Bring the first aid kit please." I ordered.

"Y-Yes sir." She bowed her head slightly and scurried off.

I looked back at Ophelia and she looked up at me, "I told you she couldn't find⁠-" She was cut off by Trinity returning back in the room with the kit that she supposedly couldn't find.

"I see you found it." I said as I gently grabbed Ophelia's arm and pulled her from behind me much to her dismay.

She didn't even glance at Ophelia as she spoke, "Excuse me, sir? I know that you like things organised so I always kept it the same place; in the cabinet." She informed me.

"Ah, well isn't that thoughtful of you." I chuckled darkly.

"Let me clean that for you, sir." She seemed more than happy enough to do it as she walked forward. "Oh and Ophelia, Kace called for you, you should probably call him back." It almost seemed as if Trinity was sending Ophelia a message with her eyes.

"Oh um, sure." Ophelia whispered just as Trinity stood right in my personal space with a large smile on her face.

I pulled Ophelia back to my side just as she made a small step.

Trinity's smile faltered a little as she watched my movement.

Staring her directly in her eye, I stuck out one finger in front of her to check.

She gently touched it and inspected it with her eyebrows scrunched up, "Is this the right finger, sir?" She asked just as Ophelia watched she exchange shyly.

Looking back at my finger, "Oh, it isn't." I smiled. "In fact," I looked at Ophelia. "I guess I got a little mixed up." I grabbed Ophelia's finger and put it out for her to take with a hard look on my face, my smile instantly disappearing.

Trinity swallowed visibly and looked at it before cleaning up her finger much to Ophelia's nervous disapproval that she could do it herself.

Trinity hurriedly cleaned it before gathering everything and rushing off with her head down.

"Trinity," I called out and she froze.

She spun around on her heel and stared at me, "Y-Yes, s-sir." She stuttered.

"Don't let it happen again." I said.

She nodded intensely before practically running out of the room.

I'll be keeping a close eye on her.

I looked at the space where she stood when Ophelia slowly stood in front of me and looked up, "Well that wasn't very n-nice." She murmured as she wiped off a piece of lint from my suit.

I grabbed onto her hand before she moved it and slowly placed a small kiss on her knuckles. She watched the action with her mouth slightly agape before she pulled it away and furiously blushed.

"You should probably go and call Kace." I said.

Nodding gently, she looked down as she tugged down her work dress before turning and walking out of the room.