Chapter 36

"What is your name?"

The same question had been ringing on my mind evertime I close my eyes.

"I am Monique Dawson"

Was my reply...

but still...

"What is your name?"

it asked again. 

And everytime I answer "I am Monique Dawson",

it feels like there's something wrong.

Flashback...

The  trees, the grass...everything was green...

Flowers were in full bloom and there were plenty of kids playing on the playground.

If you try to see clearly, all kids were so happy playing with each other but there's this one kid standing under the tree holding a red ball.

Her shoulder length wavy dark brown hair swayed along the cool spring breeze. Her hazel eyes were full of excitement watching the kids happily playing. She looked at her red ball then back to them. She was full of determination. She wants to make friends with them.

"hey not fair!",a pretty brunette with blue eyes stopped right in front of her and studied her features. Her brows furrowed a she stared at the girl with the red ball. She had frickles on her face but it wasn't enough to hinder her beauty.

"Aren't you gonna play?",the brunette asked placing some strands of her long curly hair behind her ear.

The girl with the red ball stared at the ball she was holding then back to the brunette.

Her curiousity grew even bigger and walked closer to the girl with the ball.

"I.....ii...",the girl with the ball was nervous as she stared at the ball hoping it would give her strenght to make friends.

"Don't be shy. If you want, we can play together",the pretty brunette smiled displaying her pearly white teeth along with her dimples making her even more prettier.

She was in awe as she stared at her. Not just pretty but also kind. Can she really make friends with her? She has to try...

"I'm Fiona, but you can call me Fin",the brunette extended her arms towards her.

"I...",she spoke and slowly lifted her hands.

"Hey Fin!",a boy wearing blue shirt called out.

"If I were you, I'd never make friends with her",another girl spoke and soon a group of kids were coming their way.

"Why?",Fiona was confused.

"Don't you know? She's not like us!",another kid spoke looking at her.

"hey! That's mean!",Fiona objected looking at them.

"Don't be deceived by her looks Fiona."

They looked at her as an object of ridicule.

"they had been here for five years and she is actually the same age like us but look at her. Nothing had changed. She look exactly the way she was when they came here five years ago."

"My mom also said she's dangerous."

"Last time she stumbled and there were cuts on her leg but on the next day the wound seemed to heal! There were only few visible scratches left and worst! On the next day, there were no trace of scratches on her leg anymore! How can a human heal that fast! I even had the same injuries but it took me weeks to get rid of them! But this girl, it was as if nothing had happened to her!"

"Freak!",someone yelled.

"yeah. That's right. She's a freak!",another yelled.

"Freak! Freak! Go away!",they all yelled in unison.

End of flashback...

Why is my stomach churning? Like there's a knot inside and it's twisting making me feel sick.

I am Monique right?

Then...

I remembered my dream...

So who am I?

What is my name?

Where are my real parents?

What...

What am i...

Aside from that twisting feeling in my stomach, there's this force from within me that's been trying to take over my entire being. The force was so strong that everytime I fight against it my whole body trembles.

What is happening to me?

The iron gate opened.

Splash... Splash... Splash..

Someone entered and is walking towards her. Her eyes had somehow managed to adapt to the dark environment where she had been imprisoned and she could clearly form out a man's figure standing in front of her.

"Ouch! That hurts!",she yelled as the man forcefully pulled her up then outside the prison.

No matter how hard she struggles to set free, his grip in her arm tightens even more.

Soon, she was able to leave the darkness and was welcomed by a blinding light...