Chapter 28

"He is your brother? But how? Your surname was different." He asked in confusion.

"I changed my surname. I used my mother's family surname. It was on purpose."

"On purpose?"

You heaved a sigh and nodded. You told him the truth as you told Jihyo before. He was so focused in listening to it. After you done, both of you were silenced for a while. He backed away to give both of you some spaces and he was in deep thought. You were looking at him and waited for his response. You were thinking that you'll accept anything he said later but deep in your heart you wished he'll believe everything you said.

"You changed you surname so that no one find out about you."

"Yes. It's correct."

"But Namjoon just got back and found you. What will happen to you then?" He suddenly asked.

"I don't know. I'm hoping he didn't let dad know about me. I can't bear to let Jiwoon go way from me. He's my soul. I lost my soul if I lost him." You said while tears fell on your cheeks. Jungkook wiped your tears with his thumb.

"I won't let it happen. No one can take Jiwoon from you."

"But we don't know what my dad will do if he find out. He always do what he wants to and never fail in it. I'm so scared." 

Jungkook pulled you to a hug and rubbed you back to ease you. You hugged him back snuggled to his chest and inhaled the scent of his somehow calmed you a bit. 

"We will work it out together. I'll do anything to help you."

You pushed yourself away from him slowly. "But I can't let you. I don't want to burden you."

"You are not a burden to me. I'm the one who wanted to help you."

"But why? You are just my boss."

Jungkook let out a sigh and fell silenced for a few seconds. "I like you Y/n."

You gasped. You clasped your hand to your mouth. Jungkook took your hand and held both of it with his hands.

"I like you Y/n that's why I'm willing to do anything to you. I don't know how you feel about me but I really hope you like me back. But I don't want to force you. I'm willing too wait." He looked at you and you knew the he was sincere about it. 

"I need time."

"I know that's why I said I'll wait."

You looked down at your hands that in his and you felt surprised at how matched and comfortable it was. You closed your eyes for a while and opened it. You looked back at Jungkook dazzling eyes. You felt that you could trust him.

"We have to find ways to settle this Jungkook."

"Why don't you meet your brother and ask his opinion. He maybe can help."

"That's what I'm thinking too."

"Good. You can meet him anytime you feel ready. If you scare, I'll be there too."

"No. It's okay. I think I'll meet him and Seokjin oppa too alone. I'll tell you if I need anything. I just hope everything will be okay."

"We can go through this together Y/n." He assured you. You smiled to him and he smiled back.

"I hope so too. Thank you Jungkook."

"You're welcome dear."

---

Jungkook rested his head as he leaned on his sofa in the living room after he came back from your house. He was filled with too many thoughts. He just realized how complicated your life was. Same goes with him.

'She was ready on the move to solve her problem. When will I?'

He thought again and again before he finally decided what to do. He took out his phone in his pocket and called someone.

"Hyung. I think I'm ready to meet father."