Chapter 7 W-E-I-R-D , that's just weird.

It's been a week since the dinner with Aiden and my parents went off so well. I've seen him a few times at the hospital when I visited Aunt Tanya- And Melody  when Logan didn't show up for his visits with her  - and tomorrow night Aiden and I have our official first date !

Shawn has been a lot distant since I saw him last week so I just try and avoid the whole topic of Aiden as best I can , cause I have a feeling he's not that into girly date talk and stuff . Probably grosses him out -that's why he's keeping his distance.- But it's whatever, Savannah's really happy for me and excited to help me get ready for our date so that keeps me excited too.

"I think this one . Blue really brings out your eyes. " Savannah points to a blue summer dress .

"It's nice I guess..."

"You don't like it ? " she says disappointed as I start to feel bad that I don't like it as much as she does.

"No no , it's not that Sav ... It's just - I kind of had my eye on this red skater dress at Forever 21 that I'm just dying to try on ! "

"Oooo ! Is it the one with the rose bodest ? "

"Yup " I say with a smile as she continues to get excited at my pick , completely disregarding her previous stance.

"Then you HAVE to have it ! What are you standing around for ? Let's go !" She says , dragging me out of H&M .

She dragged me all the way to Forever 21 and to every store there after,  if I didn't know any better one would think that she was the one doing shopping for HER date tommorow . But that's why I love her. Cause when she does something , she does it right . And with a whole lot of heart.

So after a few more hours of searching and a couple of minutes of contemplating , I finally found the PERFECT  dress to wear to my date with Aiden.

Granted , it's not the Forever 21 dress I wanted,  but this dress from Urban outfitters is just as nice.  If not better . And I think Aiden is really going to like it too.

"Thanks again for helping me pick a dress Sav I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Probably go in Jeans and a T- shirt." She says laughing,  as we we make our way up my driveway.

"Yeah,  probably. But hey ! If I did end up wearing that and he still liked me after I would've known he's the one." I say , joining into the laughter. 

"I guess you're right. Well,  we'll save that one for date number two kay ." She says with a wink as we walk through to the kitchen , grabbing a snack from the fridge.

"Yeah okay. But enough about me ! How's things with you ? Have you seen Shawn yet !?"

"Yeah. I heard he was back. And I also heard the two of you are going through a rough spot. What's cooking there? " Sav fishes as usual. I mean I love the girl and all but she just LOVES gossip. So what can you do ?

"You know , I don't know really. He's just been acting weird ever since he got back. Okay that's a lie.  He was fine at the dinner with my parents and all but outside of this house he's... weird ? Does that make sense ? I brushed it off as nothing but after a while - and a few topics of Aiden he avoided - I think he might not be that into all the sharing , girly stuff anymore like he used to. You know ? We used to tell each other everything! And now , now it's just ... weird. I don't know..." I said sad as I struggle to process everything. I mean,  I've thought all of this before but saying it out loud just makes it more real . And it stings a lot more than I thought it would.

But why does it ?

"He'll come around again you'll see. Maybe he just needs a little more time to get used to us again. Keep in mind  that we haven't seen or talked to him for a very long time and that he needs time to adjust to us again just like we do to him. We won't automatically fall into our old rhythm again. It takes time Maya . Don't over think it. Just be patient with him. "