Book 1 ~ Chapter 7

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

We got Naga and Kaya, and walked around the streets looking for Bolin. I was riding Kaya, while Mako and Korra were right beside me riding on Naga.

"You're best friend is a polar bear dog, somehow, I'm not surprised," Mako said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Korra smiled.

We stopped in front of Lord Zuko's statue. I looked up at the statue and I immediately missed him. He took care of me my whole entire life, and for that I'm grateful to him. Mako got off Naga.

"Well, this place is his usual hangout," Mako said and looked around. Korra and I followed him, as he approached some street kids.

"Have you guys seen my brother, today?" Mako asked. One of the street kid turned around.

"Perhaps, but my memory is a bit foggy, maybe you can help clear it up," The boy said.

"You're good, Guchi, a real pro," Mako said as he handed him some money.

"Yeah, I've seen him," Guchi said.

"When?" Mako asked.

"About noon, he was performing some kind of monkey rat circus, and...." Guchi replied. Mako rolled his eyes and handed him more money.

"Then what? Why did he leave?" Mako asked.

"Shady Shin showed up and flashed some serious cash. The triple threats, the red monsoons, the agni kai, all the triads are meeting up for something big," Guchi whispered before running away.

"What's he talking about," I asked,

"Sounds like there's a turf war and Bolin is about to get caught right in the middle of it," Mako said.

Mako and Korra rode on Naga, while I rode on Kaya. Naga and Kaya were running fast side by side.

"So, where are we headed?" Korra asked.

"The triple threat triad's headquarters, hopefully, Bolin is there and nothing has gone down yet," Mako said.

"Triple Threat Triad? I beat some of those guys when I came into town, Why would Bolin get tangled up with—," Korra was interrupted when Naga picked up his pace chasing something that looked familiar.

Kaya went faster as well, catching up to Naga. They turned a corner but stopped in front of a light pole. Then, I saw Pabu on the light pole.

"That's Pabu!" Mako said. Naga was getting flustered by Pabu.

"Easy, Naga, Pabu is a friend not food," Korra said, as she pet Naga.

"That goes for you too, Kaya, remember," I said. I remembered the first time I met Bolin. Pabu goes up to Mako and rests on his shoulder.

I got off Kaya, and followed Mako and Korra as they approached a small shop.

"Something's not right. Their are usually guards posted by the doors, we have to be cautious," Mako said as he went inside the shop. I looked around cautiously, he was right, something isn't right about this place.

Mako peeked through the door cautiously, I raised my eyebrow at him. Korra seemed to feel the same way when she kicked down the door. We went inside, to see the place completely deserted.

"I thought this was a turf war? Where is everybody?" I asked curiously.

"Bolin? You in here?" Mako called out. No answer.

Suddenly, I heard a motor start outside. We ran out the shop and saw motorcycles and a truck driving away with Bolin. He was tied up and had his mouth covered.

"Bolin!" Mako shouted.

We ran after them, but the motorcycle riders threw a green gas at us. They drove away in a hurry. I whistled for Kaya, who came by my side. I rode on her and followed the riders. Naga was behind me trying to catch up as well. Once Naga caught up, she was running side by side with Kaya. Mako shot a fire punch at the riders, while I threw lightning zap at them. Sadly, the rider easily dodged the attacks. Korra decided to take a turn, and used earth bending to block their path. But, they rode over the wall, and back onto the ground. Kaya was much faster than Naga. Kaya nearly caught up to them, with Naga behind her. The trucks and the motorcycles were in an open area will make attacks much easier. I was about to throw an attack when the motorcycle in front of me stopped and threw a whip onto Kaya's feet, causing Kaya and I to fall. I fell on the ground with a groan. Naga stopped in front of Kaya, Korra threw attacks at the riders circling us. Mako came up to me and helped me up.

Suddenly, the riders were doing some kind of gymnastics. With the the three of us ready, we launched our attacks. I sent lightning to one of the riders, but he easily dodged them by jumping over. I was impressed at their ability. I threw blazing arcs at them with a few kicks, but they rolled to avoid them. He was getting closer, which meant close combat. Not a problem for me. I used my fingertips to create a fire dagger, and tried to hit the rider with it. But he was so graceful and missed every move I attacked. I suddenly felt a pain on my sides, and gasped from the pain. Then I felt it on my arm, I tried to shoot fire but nothing came out. I widened my eyes, their chi blockers, I realized. I felt a pain on my shin and fell to the ground, next to Mako and Korra. I guess they didn't have luck too. The riders were approaching us, and we thought they were gonna capture us until Naga and Kaya came in and scared the riders off. The riders released a green smoke, rode off and disappeared along with Bolin. Kaya helped me up using her head, and I pet her head. I walked up to Korra, who tried to bend.

"I can't bend," Korra said,

"Calm down, it'll wear off, those people were chi blockers, they're Amon's henchman," Mako explained.

"I don't like them. I don't wanna deal with them again," I said tiredly.

"Again?" Korra asked,

"A few chi blockers attacked the fire nation once," I said generally.

"Anyways, who's Amon?" I added, getting rid of the subject.

"That anti-bending guy with the mask?" Korra asked.

"Yeah, He's the leader of the equalists," Mako said,

"What do they want with the triple threats?" Korra asked curiously.

"Whatever it is, it can't be good. Ugh, I can't believe Bolin got himself into this mess," Mako said as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Mako," Korra said softly, and placed a hand on his shoulder, "We are going to help you save your brother,"

"Don't worry, Mako, we'll get Bolin back," I said. He smiled at us.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.