Chapter twenty-one: Back in time

Lillian settled against Mary's rocking chair while David cooed over his son. Lillian herself was cooed over the new ring on her finger at the moment, it still didn't feel true.

"He's a handsome boy."

"Stop." Mary chuckled out teasingly as he paced behind her rocking chair. "You're going to spoil him."

As Lillian blinked she looked at the sudden sadness that washed over her because of her empathy, she turned to see Emma, her eyes sadly as she stared at her parents and brother.

"Emma," Lily began cautiously, catching the attention of Mary and David as she reached for another blanket to fold. "You okay?

The blonde started before she looked to Lily, her parents and her baby brother, the glazed look in her eye fading. "What?" She blinked at the attention before adding, "Yeah, of course." A smile formed on her face. "You guys gonna finally tell me the name of my little brother?"

''We could always keep calling him 'hey, you there." Peter pointed out with a smirk and Lillian and David jumped at his sudden appearance. 

Lillian shared a look with Mary when David let out a sheepish scoff. "Oh...well, the thing is...there's sort of this...tradition. Back in the Enchanted Forest, when any royal is born, you usually announce the name at a coronation ceremony." He smiled down at his sleeping son.

"We would have done it with you if we could have." Mary assured her daughter, who nodded, now looking fairly amused.

"You're not gonna hold him out in front of the clock tower and present him like lion king, are you?" Laughing, David smiled at his daughter. As Neal also walked in, he smiled at Lillian, walking towards her before turning to the baby.

"Could we!?" Lillian's smile appeared on her face as the others chuckled.

"Of course not." David raised a finger and ran it down his son's face. "In fact, we've decided to forego all pomp and circumstance for a nice...potluck at Granny's."

"And let me tell you," Peter breathed out as he brushed past Emma, leaning down to brush a kiss against Lillian's head before he joined David to coo over the little bundle of joy. "Ruby is not pleased with the extra work."

"The important thing," Mary send the teenage boy a stern look before she turned back to Emma with an easy smile. "Is to mark the occasion, remind ourselves that after all that we've been through, we're still together...as a family."

Lillian raised an eyebrow at Emma, silently urging her to tell her son of her plans to vacate Storybrooke as soon as possible when the door opened. Killian had told her the other day after Peter had proposed to her.  She looked up to see Henry wander in, all but absorbed in the newspaper he held as he approached the family.

"Hey," he called to Emma, who turned at his voice. "Check it out!" He pushed the paper towards her. "I think I found us a place."

"You're looking for apartments?" Emma asked quietly, taking the paper when Henry offered it.

"What do you think?" Neal walked to stand beside his son, looking at the paper and placing a hand on Henry's shoulder. Smiling as Henry looked up at him.

''Yeah, Emma." Mary called out with all the subtlety of a bull. Leaning to the side to look at Henry's face, she continued. "What do you think?"

"I, think ... " Emma said crossly, turning to send Lily and Mary a dark look as she flung an arm around Henry's shoulder. "That your grandparents can't decide what to name your uncle and are using some fairy-tale tradition to try to buy themselves some time." As Emma, Henry and Peter chuckled, Lillian shook her head at them, returning her attention to the newborn.