21| Hannah Montana is The Cure For Everything

    LOGAN was even more irritable than I had ever seen her before, which surprised me

LOGAN was even more irritable than I had ever seen her before, which surprised me. Even when I switched out her water that day in the cafeteria months ago, she hadn't been this mad. I guess it was just weird seeing her so frustrated, and the reason didn't have anything to do with me. In fact, I was now trying to help her be less angry. What kind of an upside-down world did we live in?

She was sitting in the passenger seat of my car, staying completely silent. I would sneak a glance at her every so often, just to find her in the same exact place: sitting and staring out the front window with a blank face. It bothered me that she wasn't making jokes at my expense, or even smiling in the least bit. So I decided to turn up the volume on the music playing, and skip to my personal favorite song.

    "Oh my God, you're seriously playing this," Logan said, staring at me in disbelief.

    I shrugged and started to sing along. "Smooth talkin! So rockin! He's got everything that a girls wanting!"

    She rolled her eyes at me, shaking her head. Still no smile. Guess I had to keep going.

    "Guitar cutie, he plays it groovy! And I can't help myself from doing something stupid!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

    I looked over at Logan who was now looking at me, and I could tell that she was holding back a smile. I grinned at her and continued my song.

    "Think I'm really falling for his smile, get butterflies when he says my name!"

    Suddenly, Logan cracked a smile and shook her head. She mumbled a quick, "You're so dead after this," before she joined in on the song herself.

    "He's got something special! He's got something special! And when he's looking at me, I wanna get all sentimental. He's got something special! He's got something special! I can hardly breathe, somethings been telling me, telling me maybe he could be the one! He could be the one! He could be the oneee!" We sang together, and we continued until the song was done.

    I turned the volume down as Logan and I's laughter took over sound in the car. "Fuck," she laughed. "I can't stand you, you know that?"

    "I know," I told her. "Who would've known that a little Hannah Montana would put a smile on Logan Pierce's face? I guess my hypothesis was right."

    "And what was your hypothesis?"

    "Hannah Montana is the cure for everything," I stated.

    "You are the worst," Logan groaned, but then broke out into laughter once again. "But I think you might be right."

I decided to play Hannah Montana the rest of the ride, just to keep the happiness going. Just looking over to see Logan zoned out, singing to Hannah Montana was enough for me to keep it on. Not my favorite music, that was for sure, but it sufficed. And honestly, her music kind of slaps.