ANNIE'S

Grayson Bailey
3 weeks later

      I picked up a small job at a cafe called Annie's, things were going smoothly, I got paid minimum wage and it distracted me from my own problems. I hadn't talked to Ethan lately, every once in a while he'd send me small paragraphs that consisted of 'I miss you's and 'hope your doing well's.

       I missed him more than anything, and I wanted him back but my pride was too strong. I'd live without him, it sucked but it was the truth, no matter what, there is no happy ending, that's only in fairytales so maybe this is the best way.

      The door jingled, the bells going off. I put down my magazine and approach the counter, taking my place as a waiter/cashier. I looked up, smiling brightly, my smile soon deflating when I see Ethan with two younger boys.

       The boys approached excitedly, spitting heir orders out, One iced coffee with vanilla swirls and a classic americano. I looked up to Ethan, "anything else?" I ask, Ethan gulps, his eyes scanning the menu above my head. "Caramel iced coffee. Medium" he orders, taking me back to the day he brought me coffee which made me smile, but I quickly hid it.

          "Is that all?" I ask and Ethan nods, pulling out his wallet. "Fifteen, thirty seven is your total" I inform him and he hands me a twenty, "keep the change" he tells me, walking away and taking a seat with his brothers.

           I sighed heavily, looking up at the ceiling, trying to keep the tears that threatened to fall back. When I got myself together I could feel Ethan looking at me, I quickly put in their orders, my co worker, Sarah, making them.

          I walked over to Ethan's table, "isn't that the guy Ethan obsesses over all the time?" One of the twins ask making my brows raise. "Dylan" Ethan scolds, licking his leg under the table making me laugh lightly. Ethan puts his attention on me, raising his brows, "Can we talk?" I ask, he quickly nods and gets up, threatening the boys to be good.

         I walk out the front door of the cafe, Ethan following after me. "I miss y-" I cute Ethan off with my lips, my arms wrapping around his neck. I could hardly contain myself as he kissed back, the kiss slow and passionate, it filled my heart with warmth.

       "Take me back" I whisper, my eyes glued to his. "I thought you'd never come back" he whispers back, smiling down at me. "Be my boyfriend again?" Ethan asks, hope in his question.

"I'd love to" I whisper, burying my head in his neck, taking in his scent that I missed so so much. His arms wrapped around my waist as we stood still in each other's arms. The door opens and out comes the twins, the Dylan one holding two drinks.

Ethan let's go of me and grabs his coffee, "come over tonight" I tell him and he nods, "I'll text you" he kisses me on the forehead and walks away with his brothers. Thankfully my shift was soon coming to an end, it was almost sunset and I got off at seven so I had about an hour left.

____________

"Is it cool if Ethan comes over?" I ask my dad and he looks up from his plate with a confused look. "Didn't he-" my dad starts and I cut him off, "we're gonna talk about it tonight plus we already got back together" I explain and he nods cautiously.

"Then I suppose it's fine" he tells me, picking up his almost empty plate and excusing himself from the dining room table. EJ shakes his head, disbelief on his face.

"What?" I ask with attitude laced in my tone. "Nothing it's just- why would you take a cheating douche bag back? That's not like you, you left the last one in the dust, what's so different about this one?" He asks me, pushing his plate ahead of him, crossing his arms on the table.

I purse my lips and shake my head, disagreeing with him. "The last one cheated on me three times completely sober, he had intercourses with three different people in a span of six weeks. Ethan kissed another girl completely plastered in one night. There's a big difference, and with Ethan I feel like I can't be myself without him, he's different, he makes me genuinely happy." Explain to him and he nods, taking in the information and signing.

"I just hate seeing you hurt. You're my little bro, I'm supposed to protect you at all costs no matter how much bickering we do" he says sympathetically making me smile, I grab our plates and leave the table without another word.

Once I get up to my room I see Ethan climbing into my window making me jump, a gasp leaving my mouth. "You know I have a front door right?" I ask as he shuts the window, panting slightly.

"The window felt cooler" he says simply and grabs my arm, pulling me into his chest and holding me tightly. I wrap my arms around his torso and kiss the base of his neck, hiding my face into his neck.

"Let me explain myself" he whispers and I nod, sitting down at the edge of my bed. Ethan sits in my office chair in front of me, leaning forward, his elbows on his knees.

"That night I wasn't thinking straight, my mom had just hit a nerve. She came home tripping on some kind of drug I'm assuming, she hit my little brother really hard across the face and I fought her into her room basically. I had heard around school
about this party and I just decided to go on a whim, I thought of calling you but I didn't want to bother you. When I got there I was just trying to get my mind somewhere else so when some white rich girl offered me a drink I took it. I had no clue who she was, what she gave me, it seemed innocent at first, she started to dance on me and it was nothing, I just kind of stood there, taking drink after drink in my system. I remember my favorite song coming on so I started dancing by myself but she joined. She kissed me and I don't even remember what I was thinking or how I felt at the time but I kissed back not really thinking about it I guess. Then we stopped and she blabbed on about how much money she had and where her dad worked and I got bored and left. I was leaving to go see you, I remember wanting to tell you what happened but when I was sober I didn't want to crush you. And I am so so sorry for ever hurting you" Ethan explained the entire story, tears reaching his eyes but they didn't fall.

I hung my head low, if he couldn't even remember what he felt then I know it meant nothing to him. I sighed heavily, processing everything, it was probably a silent minute before I decided to speak.

"I'm sorry" I whisper, feeling extremely guilty, "I went way too overboard with this, I never even let you explain which was so stupid of me. I guess I was just hurt by the fact you one, lied and two, you said you never understood cheaters and then you went and did it. I'm sorry about your mom and brother, I know it's really tough, and I hate myself for making you feel the way you did." I apologize, my eyes starting to water, Ethan sighs stressfully and pats his lap.

       I get up from my spot and straddle him, my arms wrapped around his neck, his around my waist, our crotches pressing together as he looks up at me. "I love you" He tells me, smiling softly, admiration in his eyes.

         "I'm in love with you" I whisper.

_________
A/N- this chapter was an absolute mess wow 😮
Oh well imma jus drop my edit and go, this one is simple but meaningful, it's meant for the beginning of this chapter.

_________A/N- this chapter was an absolute mess wow 😮 Oh well imma jus drop my edit and go, this one is simple but meaningful, it's meant for the beginning of this chapter