Part 48

Chapter 48

"Guys, we need to take the decision now." Kenny said as they came back from their sessions. "let us breathe at least." Tyson huffed as he slumped on the couch. " He is right. There is not much time, the black cloaks will go for all with their best so it will be for sure Brooklyn, Lay and Mandy will be the ones from their side." Arvi said going through the papers, to which Kai nodded. " let me take on Brooklyn this time please." Tyson said suddenly finding his strength, "NO" Arvi and Kai echoed together making them look at each other. "You are not playing with him this time." Arvi said her voice firm. "Then who will?" Kai raised his brows in a challenge. "Me, we have some unfinished business that I am willing to end." Arvi said looking around for denial which didn't come from the rest of the team.

"They agree so, it's decided now." She started "but I don't... there is no way you are going to play." Kai state " why not? I haven't lost a battle, why can't you trust me?" Arvi frowned. " it's not like that and you know it." Kai said looking away, "I want to blade and if they don't have a problem, why are you..." Arvi followed Kai as he started walking away.

"You know exactly why. you want me to tell them? then we can see how they react and if they will let you blade as well..." Kai said losing his temper finally making Arvi take steps back. "Kai, please... no one knows Brooklyn better than me, think about this logically we need to win this championship, isn't that what you want too?" Arvi said. "Well not on this cost, if it's a choice between you and the championship, I will choose you and that's exactly what I am doing." Kai said. "but you don't have to..." Arvi stated. "It's not what I have to do, it's what I want to do." Kai roared.

"Kai just for once keep the emotions aside, we need to win this and I can take on Brooklyn. He won't see it coming, he will be preparing like a madman for you and Tyson but he won't see the obvious move, this is the best strategy we can have." Arvi tried making him understand. "At what cost? I don't risk my teammates no matter what.." Kai clenched his fist. "Oh come on it's not like if I don't play I will be alright, whatever is going to happen will happen, at least let me have a life worth remembering, instead of sitting and waiting and having a slow painful death I will better die in a bey battle." Arvi said before she could stop herself.

"What did you..." Kai said as he clutched the door frame taken aback. "Just hypothetically..." she added quickly. "Come on, it's not like I am immortal, just let me play please" She pouted. " Don't talk shit like that ever again. EVER." Kai said, pushing her a little after a long pause shaking his head. " Let me play!!" Arvi cried, "Fine." Kai huffed annoyed. "thankyou, thankyou, thankyou so much..." she chirped as she pulled Kai into a bone-crushing hug which took Kai by surprise, he smirked as he rested his head on her shoulder wrapping his arms around her waist, "You are short." He chuckled as he picked her up a little so that she didn't have to tiptoe.

"I'm not short, you are just a bit tall." She said frowning a little as she broke the hug, pushing strands of hair back making Kai laugh. "Guys !!!" they heard Tyson yelling as he came running to them "yeah ?" Arvi raised her brow " do I get to play Brooklyn ?" he huffed, "No Tyson!!" they echoed making Tyson pout.

"Kai will go first, then Ray and I will be the last one." Arvi said as they discussed strategies together to which everyone nodded. "We have got this." Kai asked Arvi as the rest of the team left calling it a night "Obviously, we are going to win no matter what. Don't stress yourself up " Arvi said, trying to console herself more than Kai.

"Nervous ?" Kai asked, smiling at her as he could read her face. " wh... no way " she said looking away making Kai laugh a little to which Arvi smiled looking at his face.