Chapter 54

Here Comes Trouble

"Nonsense! Don't you try to play dumb with me!" Old man Cheng was furious, he shouted at his son while pointing straight at his nose.

Normally, a small location like this would never get the time of day with the Cheng's head of household, but the news today was too shocking. And now that his son seemed to know something about it, but was holding out on him. He couldn't contain himself.

Cheng Bihua was dumbfounded a little bit, he wasn't sure what he was asking, but he was a smart man after all. He figured out quickly what this was about, "Dad, are you referring to the incident in Willow Village?"

"Bullshit, of course! You thought I asked you in here to have tea?" Old man Cheng was so angry he even let out profanity. He was certainly frustrated.

"Dad, you were so obscured in the way you ask. How would I know what you were asking?" griped Cheng Bihua. Looking at the very concerned father, he had to spill, "I just know that Willow Village in Qing'an Province was where the brother went."

"WHAT?" Old man Cheng was utterly shocked, but regained his composure quickly. He looked extremely disturbed with deep hatred in his eyes. It looked as though someone had ate his flesh and drank his blood.

After a while, when he could better control his emotion, he glanced at this second son and coolly asked, "You followed that bastard?"

"Dad, I just wanted to see where he went!" Cheng Bihua was a little embarrassed under his father's sterm look.

Old man Cheng had a pretty good idea why he did what he did. Of course he knew what went through his mind, but he had no more emotion attachment with his older son, so he didn't care if he was alive or dead, so he didn't comment any further.

Feeling relieved, Cheng Bihua smiled happily, "Dad, don't you worry. The fact that there's mythical spring at Willow Village had to be a lie. If it was there, I would have discovered it already!"

"You sure?" asked Old man Ning with a deep voice, looking at his well-spirited son.

Cheng Bihua reassured him, "Dad, don't worry. I won't lie to you. If there was a mythical well, I would have told you already. Words wouldn't just be getting out now."

While he was making this reassurance, little did he know that the mythical spring only appeared after he was gone and that when Old man Cheng found out the truth, he'd beaten him half to death.

Not getting the mythical spring was part of the reason, the other part was even this son had lied to him.

The Cheng's located at the foothill of Mt. Wan'an had no idea that words have spread throughout the entire Dafeng and everybody was heading their way. Gradually, more and more visitors were arriving at the small town.

Innkeeper Zhu and his lot were always in the know of things; when they heard of this news, they were not only shocked, but also worried deeply. If everybody was here to fight for the mythical animals, how would they be able to stand a chance?

Thinking of that, Deacon Bai and the lot dare not waste any more time and rushed toward Willow Village again.

"What? The whole world knew already?" Cheng Xiao Xiao was so surprised she slipped and shouted out loudly.

What did she meant by "the whole world"?

This was the first time everybody else had heard of this term; but they could more or less figured out what she meant by that. Deacon Bai nodded, "Yes, Miss Cheng, I think you will be having quite a few visitors soon. I heard that the representatives from School of Divine Condor will also arriving in the next couple of days."

"Thank you, I understand." After the surprised, Cheng Xiao Xiao had returned to her old nonchalant self.

She was, indeed, surprised that she had caused such a ruckus. But it made sense, after all, what she had was well sought after.

Deacon Bai observed how the Cheng's were surprised at first, then quickly regained their composure and felt mixed emotions. After all, there was a beast tamer among them. They would be able to handle any number of people who show up.

Not to mention, he recalled a few days ago when he was trapped by the jade vine, they seemed to be following her order as well. Which meant that they couldn't begin to see the depth of her power.

No matter who is coming, there is nothing to worry about. He feared their fate would be much worse than what happened to him if they try to rob from the Cheng's.

They chitchatted for a little while before she saw them out.

Cheng Biyuan, who had been looking calm the entire time finally let out his solemn look, "Xiao Xiao, we didn't think we would draw people from all walks of life. I fear we had really attracted big troubles for ourselves."

"Dad, you knew all along that as long as we possess what we have, troubles would come sooner or later. Why worry about them? Let's cross the bridge when we come to it. There's nothing to be afraid of." Said Cheng Xiao Xiao nonchalantly.

Looking at the confident that Cheng Xiao Xiao exuded, Cheng Biyuan felt much calmer. Mrs. Cheng, on the other hand, was still frowning. She did, however, understand that this was out of their hands, and there was not much she could say.

"Dad, I thought these mythical animals were gifts to us. Why is it that everybody want to come and rob us?" Cheng Zheng Yuan didn't know a lot, but the three young ones had learned a few about what had been going on.

"That's right, daddy. Why don't you ask your friends to stop sending us these mythical beasts, that way nobody will come and try to rob us anymore, right?" asked little Lan Lan in her naïve way.

Even the usually quiet Cheng Zheng Bin looked squarely at his father and older sister with his dark, black eyes. He felt that they knew more than he did.

And right now he would like to know what was going on also!

Cheng Biyuan frowned deeply but didn't respond. He turned and look at his daughter and wanted to see what she would say.

Cheng Xiao Xiao understood that she couldn't keep hiding all these things from her family. Unfortunately the siblings were too young, telling them the truth would risk bigger troubles.

He understood her father's look. Looking at her younger brothers and sister, she thought about it for a little bit and finally said, "Zheng Yuan, Zheng Bin, Lan Lan, the family had indeed changed a lot. There were many things that we hadn't told you. But, don't worry, you will find out soon enough. So let's just leave it for now, okay?"

The two brothers exchanged a look, nodded wisely and said no more. Little Lan Lan, on the other hand, shouted out, "Big sister, what can't you tell me? I promise I won't tell!"

"Big sister will tell you, just be a good girl right now!" Cheng Xiao Xiao smiled at her younger sister, trying to console her.

At almost 13, Cheng Zheng Yuan was not a child any more. Not to mentioned he came from a well established family. He was quite mature for his age. Taking his younger sister's hand, he said, "Lan Lan, let's listen to big sister. We will have fish tomorrow, okay?"

"Fish again? We have been having fish everyday!"

This trick didn't work with her any more. Immediately, Cheng Zheng Yuan said, "Okay, no fish. Why don't we ask big sister to draw for you, what do you say?"

"Big sister can draw?" Little Lan Lan's eyes widened, she looked at Cheng Xiao Xiao ecstatically.

Cheng Xiao Xiao smiled and nodded, "Yes!"

"Wah! Okay! Big sister will draw for me tomorrow!"

Finally pacified the little kid, everybody laughed. After some more chitchatting, Cheng Xiao Xiao pulled her brother aside.

"Big sister, what's up?"