Chapter 7 Scream.

Edited

Later that night

I was asleep when I felt something dip next to me in the bed. Who's laying in the bed with me? Maverick? Should I attack them? Maybe not. They might be stronger than me. I'm just gonna slowly and casually get out of bed.

As I stand up, I don't think they noticed.Thank God.

All of a sudden his head snaps in my direction, seeing me. I ran out of the door, down the stairs, and turned into the kitchen.

I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs, so I did the only thing I could think of.I grabbed a knife and shut off the lights.I heard someone come into the kitchen slowly.

Then, as if I'd miss it if I had blinked, the lights are on.It scared me. So, I did what any scared person would do.

Scream.

I felt a hand clamp over my mouth.

This is where I'm going to die. This is how it's going to end.

I find myself mildly laughing at myself eternally at how cliche I am.

"What in the world are you doing?" The "Mysterious Man" asks as if he'd just gotten his dog run over.

I opened my eyes to see Maverick standing there, looking very confused.

"Why'd you scream? You probably just woke Angel and the Baby!" He said, sighing.

As if on cue, I heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Why are you screaming at three in the morning?" She asked, half asleep and obviously annoyed.

"Well, when people randomly lay in bed with you at three in the morning, what else is there to do?" I say in a duh-woman tone.

With an eye roll, she walks back upstairs.She's going to be grumpy now.

Great.

Note my sarcasm.

I put the knife back in the draw, walk back upstairs, lie down, and quickly fall back to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at to someone jumping on me.

It almost felt childlike because they weren't very heavy.

Groaning, I shove, whatever it is on me, next to me and get up.

I see one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen.

She's adorable!

I picked her up and walked downstairs.

"Why was I woken by a cute little child jumping on me?" I ask playfully, shaking the girl slightly on my hip.

Maverick laughs softly, "I couldn't get you up and my niece wanted to meet you." He looks down at the little girl and speaks, "Isn't that right, Sophie?"

He gives her a grin and she grins back.

Definitely gonna be a heartbreaker when she's older.

"Okay, " I laugh, putting Sophie down on the floor just for her to jump onto his foot. "Can we go swimming?" I had asked, thinking it could be fun for everyone.

"Yeah, let me just go get one of her swimsuits," He started, handing her to me, "and then you can change her."

I smiled at her and then shouted to him, "Wait! She's your niece, why can't you change her?"

He must've not heard me or ignored me on purpose because he kept walking.

A couple of minutes later, he came out with a cute little kid's one piece bathing suit.

It was red with black checkers and it's absolutely adorable.

I grabbed it and took her to mine and Maverick's room. I changed her and laid her on the bed while I went to change.

Once I put on the swimsuit, I noticed my many bruises and scrapes.

They're ugly.

I don't really want anyone to see them, so I threw a sweater and sweatpants instead of a swimsuit.

I picked up Sophie and took her downstairs towards the pool.

Maverick was in the pool already, so I handed her to him.

I sat down on one of the pool chairs.

Maverick gave me a confused look.

Please don't question it.

"I thought you wanted to go swimming...? Isn't it a little hot to be wearing a sweater?" He asked, still having that confused look on his face.

"I changed my mind," I started, "plus, I was cold!" I finished, defending my lie.

He looked like he didn't believe me, but it was my lucky day.

Sophie had splashed him in the face with water.

They ended up in a splashing war.

He is so good with kids.

Which is surprising, considering the fact that he is a "big bad gang leader."

--------------------------------------

3 Hours Later

We were back inside. I changed Sophie into her pajamas, which consisted of a penguin onesie. I laid with her on mine and Maverick's bed for a nap.

She yawned, stood up on her knees, and climbed on top of me. She put her head on my chest.

She's such a cutie. I totally see her and Maverick's relativeness.

I didn't expect her to do that. But I started rubbing her back. Within ten minutes, she was asleep.

She is so cute!

I just sat there, thinking.

Would I ever be able to have a child? Or a husband?

I mean, Maverick said I couldn't date anybody. So, how would I fall in love with someone? Maybe one day he would let me

That was my final thought, as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.