31

April 6, 2019 - Tessa and Michael's wedding

Tessa's dress above

Tessa wanted everything to do with the wedding to be simple. She didn't want it to appear as if she spent a lot of time on it because truthfully she didn't. Everything was simple; the flowers, her dress, the ceremony, the wedding party, even the guest list only consisted of a few forty to fifty people that were close to the two love birds.

There wasn't a maid of honor or best man, Tessa and Michael made it clear that everyone was equal to them in their lives. The couple agreed that the bridesmaids would be Alya, Sasha and I, and the groomsmen would be Luke, Calum, and Ashton. Paired respectively.

This wedding was top secret that not even those shitty celebrity gossip sites knew about it. Invitations that were sent out stated clearly to keep the event a secret or the invite and friendship would be revoked.

"You're okay with this, right?" Tessa asked for the trillionth time this afternoon. Everyone was expecting me to protest against standing with Ashton today, but I didn't see the problem. We weren't on good terms, but I was sure we could manage being next to each other for the special day of our friends. I was also supposed to be "upset" because my wedding didn't exactly happen. I'd put it behind me and I needed my closet friends to do that as well.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I was fine with it, truly. My nerves were convincing me that Ashton wasn't okay with it and he was preparing an immature argument that'd be talked about years from now by Michael and Tessa. But I was ready.

"You aren't upset being here?"

"Tessa." I stopped mid-swipe of lipstick so I probably looked like an idiot, giving the bride a playful glare.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to make you feel bad because you couldn't, um you know..."

"This is your big day, I'm only sharing your happiness, nothing more." I smoothed out the lip color, wiping my finger on a tissue before turning to Tessa.

"And you're okay with standing with Ashton? I'll stand with Ash and you can stand with Luke." Alya couldn't always save the day no matter how much she tried.

"It's fine!"

"So you two are okay after everything?" Sasha asked, gently combing out her curls.

"Not at all, but it's Tessa's day and I believe Ashton and I are two mature adults that can set aside our differences to let Tessa and Michael be happy."

"The bridesmaids need to start getting dressed because we need them out and lined up in five minutes." Someone I didn't recognize announced, then they left.

I slipped in the barely-there-blush-colored gown. The satin waistband cinched my waist in once the piece was zipped. The heels added an extra confidence booster, something that would come in handy when I saw Ashton.

"I'm getting married!" Tessa squealed.

-

"You look nice." Ashton whispered to me as we watched Alya and Luke walk forward down the aisle.

"As do you." I smiled, keeping my attention forward. Surprises came in many forms, but I didn't think a surprise from Ashton would come in the form of a compliment when he practically despised me.

I hooked my arm through his, both of us smiling. I was quite happy that none of the guests knew me here, if they did know me, I'd be asked if I was the girl left at the alter two weekends ago. Not exactly my preferred title. Nor my preferred small talk over dinner and cake.