[6] - Orange Town Arc ~ 3

🏴️️Ch. 6: A Desperate Situation! Beast Tamer Mohji vs. (First Name) the True Tamer of Beasts!🏴️️

The blast of the cannon took out Buggy and his crew along with most of the tavern's rooftop.

"Satisfied, Trigger?" I look to my otter friend.

💥Greatly!💥 He smiles back at me. 💥Buggy may have been a jerk, but he sure knew how to make something with a bang!💥

I place Luffy's cage on the rooftop we were currently on. "True." I respond. "Now that that's taken care of, let's work on getting you out of there, Luffy." I place my hands on two of the cage bars and spread them apart easily and wide enough to pull Luffy out. After freeing him from the cage I slice apart his ropes with a water whip.

"Thanks, (First Name)! I owe you one!" He grins widely as he's finally freed from his small prison.

"You might as well open up a tab for all of the times you 'owe me one' Luffy." I laugh.

"Well, now that that's over and done with, let's get the hell out of here!" My captain exclaims.

We escape from the tavern and into the empty streets of the town until we're all a good distance away from the Buggy Pirates' former base before we then collapse from exhaustion. Though it wasn't much of a fight, it sure took a lot out of us. I look to my friends with a straight face and they give me the exact same look. Then we all start busting out laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"So . . . how's your . . .first adventure with us . . . so far . . .Zoro?" I manage to ask through my laughing fit.

"Pirates who should belong in a circus, a cowardly pirate captain tries to stab me in the back, and we almost get blown up by a cannonball that could level a street of townhomes. Is anything gonna be normal from this point on?"

💥Where's the fun in being normal?💥 Trigger comments. 💥It's boring!💥

"Yeah! If everything was easy, then the journey wouldn't be as much fun!" Luffy notes.

We come down from our laughing high and I notice an odd little something sitting in front of the building we all collapse in front of. 

"Huh? What's with this dog?" Zoro voices

"Huh? What's with this dog?" Zoro voices. And true to his word, there sits a little, white dog, perfectly still, in front of the building I now see is a pet store.

Luffy makes his way closer to the dog and squats so his face is as close to it as possible. "Doggy~"

The dog doesn't move a muscle and just continues to stare back at Luffy. The rubber boy decides to make faces at the dog to see if he can get a reaction. He is greatly disappointed when the dog continues to just sit and stare.

"Hey (First Name), Zoro, it looks like this dog is frozen!" He calls to us, as we lie up against the porch of the pet store. Umi, Trigger, and Tito have taken the liberty of making their own 'nap pile', Tito on the bottom, Umi curled up on top of him, and Trigger on top of Umi.