Epilogue

Eight years later....

Elina's POV

I was in the ballroom doing preparations for my five-year-old rebellious daughter, Andrea's birthday when I saw Stephen pulling Olivia to a corner of the room.

I shook my head with a smile. These two are never going to change.

I still remember that fateful day when Stephen broke the news about Olivia's pregnancy with so much pride as if he was eagerly waiting for the moment to arise.

☆☆☆

I was going through the baby names for Evan and my second baby in Evan's study--where he was currently busy with some paperwork--when Stephen barged into the room without as much as a knock.

He was holding Olivia's hand firmly who looked quite flustered.

Evan took his eyes off the papers and raised an eyebrow in Stephen's direction who looked as if he was on the top of the world.

"We want to say something to you both," Stephen stated getting Olivia in the front.

"Go on," Evan encouraged him to continue.

I gave Olivia a questioning look while her cheeks turned red as she looked anywhere but me.

I have never seen Olivia so flustered. What's the matter? I'm quite curious now.

"I..I'm..." Olivia began.

"She's pregnant with my child," Stephen declared proudly holding Olivia's hand, "And we both love each other. So, I wanted to inform you both that we'll be getting married by the weekend."

With that, he dragged a flustered Olivia with himself and exited the study leaving both Evan and I's mouth hanging agape.

"Wow. I mean, just wow," Evan broke the silence after a long moment of shock, "I knew they both had something going on between them but I didn't expect Stephen to be so fast. I mean, Stephen always behaves like a child and now he's actually going to be a father," Evan said incredulously.

"Yeah...even I'm shocked by the news. But still, I'm happy for them," I smiled at him.

"Me too," he smiled back.

☆☆☆

Really, who could have thought that these two who fought like cat and mouse all the time would end up together.

"Done with the preparations, my love?" I smiled as I felt Evan's large hands wound around my waist--hugging me from behind--as he rested his chin on my shoulder, sniffing my scent.

"Yeah. Except our daughter is missing on her own birthday," I put my hands on top of his, leaning my back against his chest.

"Um, our princess must be somewhere scaring everyone around her with her rebellious acts. Don't worry, she'll be fine. She has a protective brother to take care of her," he murmured against my neck leaving sweet kisses on my neck.

I sucked in a deep breath trying to ignore his seduction, "Lucein is one fine gentleman. The exact opposite of our daughter," I said referring to our seven-year-old son, Lucein.

"Just like his father. A true gentleman," he goaded turning me around to face him. He gave me a cheshire cat grin as dipped his head to capture my lips.

Just before our lips could meet, we were interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Come on, guys, get yourself a room! There are kids around," Claire said shutting her daughter, Elizabeth's eyes with her palms.