CHRIS II

A/N: One more from Chris's POV. I don't know, what do y'all think? Do you like seeing his side? Next chapter will go back to Bree. Thanks as always for reading, voting and commenting. :)

I thought for sure I'd sleep on the flight to California, being as I had 2 hours (or less) sleep the night before. But I couldn't dose off. I couldn't turn my brain off. Every time I closed my eyes all I saw was Bree's big brown eyes staring back at me.

I took an Uber to Scott's place after I landed. Catching a glance of myself in the car window I looked as rough as I felt.

"You look like shit." Scott greeted me.

"Gee thanks." I rolled my eyes and shoved my bag into his arms.

"It's the truth." He shrugged. "So when are you going to tell me why you hopped on a flight and fled Sudbury?"

"I told you, I have an audition." I averted my eyes from looking at him even though I knew he knew I was lying.

"Yeah you're a lying sack of shit." He led the way to his guest room where he tossed my bag on the bed. "What's really going on?"

I let out a deep breathe, "Bree and I are..." I shrugged. Shaking my head I turned walking back to the living room.

"You're what?" Scott followed behind me.

"Not doing ok." I admitted.

Scott raised his eyebrows waiting for me to elaborate.

"Ever since she lost the baby, she's been pushing me away. I mean she doesn't even come straight home from work most nights. We barely talk. Last night she came home, and we actually had physical contact. And when I say it's been a long time, I mean no sex for months. And just as I thought we were finally going to get back on track she says she wants to go back on birth control. We haven't even talked about the pregnancy, or the miscarriage or if we were even going to ever try again. I didn't know what to say so I said if that's what she wanted. And she basically asked how dare I want to go through another miscarriage. Which isn't what I meant and she doesn't even know what I want because she hasn't asked. So I just left. I can't keep being pushed away by her or attacked by her." I pulled my baseball hat off and tugged at the ends of my hair in frustration.

"Attacked?" Scott frowned. "So, what do you want?"

"I want my wife back. I can't figure out why she's so against me. I understand her anger and her hurt. But not why it's directed mainly at me."

"Have you asked her?"

I gave him a dirty look, "Of course. I mean not directly. It's not like she will talk about it anyway."

"She hasn't answered any of my texts besides a few." Scott sat down in the recliner.

"That's a few more than me probably. I texted her when I landed and she hasn't even responded."

"Maybe she didn't see it yet." Scott shrugged.

"She saw it." I said confidently. "This is the girl who used to make me send a selfie the minute I landed." I smiled.

"You guys will work it out." Scott kicked the chair back throwing his legs up on the foot rest.

"Maybe." I didn't feel very confident about it.

California sucked. I didn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned every single night. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was Bree. It took me back to over a year ago when I had stupidly broken up with her for those 3 long months. Talk about making one of the dumbest mistakes I could have ever made, breaking up with her that night was definitely one of them. I tried to cut myself off from her over those months. But that, I found out, was like cutting off my life line. There wasn't one moment I didn't think of her. Not one hour where her face didn't flood my memory. Every night she was the last thing on my mind and the first when I woke up. That's if I even slept at all. I should have called her but I kept hoping it would get easier. And then I finally realized I would never get over her. And the first chance I got, I was on a plane back to her. I remember walking into the Sleeping Moon and seeing her on Zack's lap and I wanted to throttle that prick. I knew that if she gave me another chance I wouldn't take that for granted. I would never leave her again. Never leave her again, ha. Funny how I keep seeming to do what I vowed to never do again.