Chapter 5

Dear diary,

Kill me.

I closed my diary and threw it somewhere over my bed. I was strictly ordered by Elena to not leave my bedroom on this day. This day. It's literally the best of days! New Years Eve! I love New Years Eve.

I love New Years Eve.

New Years Eve...

It was the best holiday for the family. Mom used to make the best pie ever for this day. Nobody cared if it was overrated, my moms pies were the best. Everyone came over, literally. The Bennett's, the Donovan's, the Forbes' and even uncle John showed every year.

I sighed in sadness and curled myself on my bed. They were all out, even Jer. He wanted to stay with me, but Elena told him it'd be best if he went, so he did. Damon tried to convince her, but she didn't budge. And that's my sob story.

I love Elena, I do, but did she have to treat me with anger? I just wanted answers is all.

"Alone forever had never been so right until now. Huh Mr. Whiskers?" I asked hugging my stuffed turtle with all might.

He was a present from my mom years ago! I think I was 11...okay so not that long ago, but to me it was. I hardly kept anything intact.

I was about drifting off, when a ding woke me up. I trembled from shock. I sat up on my bed and listened for more. Another doorbell ring and I stood up from the bed and running down the stairs.

Maybe, just maybe, they came back for me.

I unlocked, and opened the door, not bothering to look and smiled widely at who stood on my porch.

Elijah.

"Elijah," I panted out.

Good thing I didn't change my clothing from the day. Imagine? I'd look like an ugly Chewbacka! Ah!

"Are you alright?" he asked.

My eyes widened, and I nodded. "Yeah, I sort of ran down the stairs."

He chuckled, looked down, then back at me. I smiled and stared at him. My smiled faltered.

"I'm sorry! Come in Elijah, come in."

He nodded and stepped in. He is classy. I think I find suits very...hot. Wow.

"You're alone?" he asked turning around and frowning slightly.

I sighed and said, "yeah. I wasn't invited to wherever my sister was."

"Well unfortunately I don't have any wine, and I don't drink much, but do you?"

I shook my head and he nodded. Wait, how did he know where I lived?

"Question, Elijah," I started, "how do you know where I live?"

"I knew your aunt Jenna before she passed."

Of course. I gestured him towards the living room where we both took a seat.

"You don't have family?" I asked

"I do, 3 brothers and 1 sister, unfortunately my brother, Finn, has left us," he replied.

Left? Oh! Oh my, his brother passed away as well.

"I am so sorry for your loss, Elijah. Losing family is the worst thing hat could happen to anyone." He nodded. "By the way, I never asked if you wanted some water, or something to eat, for that matter."

"I'll take some water, I already had a feast."

I laughed and headed to the kitchen where I served him a glass of cold water from the fridge. I turned to walk back to the living room when I collided with a body. My drink poured all over the blazer. Elijah's blazer.

He had caught me in his arms and the glass had fallen. His blazer got my shirt wet, as well.

I pushed away from him and I blushed furiously. "Oh my goodness Elijah! I am so sorry! I didn't see you there and I am just so sorry."

Elijah looked at his blazer and nodded.

"It's alright, Gemma, I have many suits at home. It was simply water," he responded straightening it out.

"At least let me take your tops to dry them, please?" I asked hopefully.

He nodded and I instantly loosened his tie and took it off with the blazer. I was happy, then I noticed his shirt. I groaned.

"May I?" I asked shyly pointing at his shirt.

"You may."

I smiled and carefully unbuttoned every button with carefulness. I bit my lip and concentrated. Butterflies fluttered around my tummy. It was silent as I took it off. I got to the last button and couldn't stop staring at his toned stomach and happy trail. He was built.

I carefully, again, took off his shirt from sleeve to sleeve, and held it on my arm, the coldness laying on it, but I could care less.

"You can come with me upstairs, I'll let you borrow something of Jer's," I stated looking up to meet his eyes.

His lip twitched up and his hand came up to brush my cheek. I leaned into his touch and smiled.

"Lead the way, miss Gilbert."

I let out a shaky breath, and walked towards the stairs and then up them. The butterflies hadn't left yet and I walked into Jer's room with Elijah hot on my heels.

Setting the clothes on the bed I rummaged through his closet until I found something that suited Elijah more.

"Here," I said handing him the shirt. "I'll be downstairs."

I took the clothes and saw him smile at me before I walked down the stairs, my face totally hot.

What the hell was that? I had never experienced anything like that, ever.

I would hang his clothes outside to dry, probably would in less than 15 minutes because of the wind. I walked outside with the clothes, and hung them on the clothes clippers one by one, making sure they wouldn't come off with the wind.

When the clothes were hung I walked right in the house and locked the back door. Elijah was already in the living room, changed.

"Wow, you rock it better than my brother," I complimented. Not a lie by the way.

"I'm known for doing that quite often, I must say."

We laughed together and for the next 3 hours we sat in the living room and in the kitchen, talking and laughing. I changed my shirt as well. I gave him a second glass of water and didn't drop that one, and cleaned the one on the floor with his help. His clothes were dry when I got them about half-an-hour later and he changed, but I told him to keep Jer's shirt. He did.

The fireworks for the New Year, were beautiful. I was smiling the whole time. Elijah, at one point, wrapped his arm around my waist, I didn't mind.

When he left he made sure to give me a gazing kiss on my right cheek, and with a wonderful goodbye.

"It was nice seeing you again, Gemma, I hope we do get to see more of each other."

I nodded and he kissed my cheek. "Have a nice rest, goodbye."

Still mesmerized by the kiss, I nodded and watched as he drove off. His truck resembled Jer's, but it wasn't because we got his fixed already.

That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face and very pleasant dreams.

____

:0 I love Elijah! Haha.

I really liked this chapter. Cx. You guys have been amazing!

What was your opinion of this chapter? :p