THIRTY

October 25, 20XX - Saturday

I had finally come to enjoy living life.

Honestly, I was a whole different person than who I was before.

I've come to love myself.

And it was all because Taehyung has shown me reasons to.

When I said Taehyung had changed, it's because he really had.

Except...there was always this one thing.

At the end of the day...

He killed someone.

And he had to live with that the rest of his life.

It was nights like these that made me realize that.

Nights when I awaken to the sound of him...

Breaking.

Opening my eyes, I worryingly look over as the whimpers left his mouth.

He brought up his hands to cover his ears as he twisted slightly in his sleep.

Sitting up, I gently tried to remove them as I tried to wake him.

"T-taehyung." I whispered softly.

He shook his head and cried. "N-no. S-stop! Don't hurt me! Don't kill me! Stop...please!"

Taehyung started panting heavier as his whispers grew into shrieks.

Witnessing his nightmare, my heart dropped and I couldn't help but tear up.

He's back in that day...

"STOP! YOU'RE KILLING ME!" Taehyung screamed, his entire body shaking.

I kneeled on the bed, grabbing his arms as I  tried to pry then away some more.

Taehyung jolted awake, but then harshly pushing me away before slipping from the bed.

With a yelp, I fell back and watched as he grasped the hotel phone on the nightstand to point it at me.

With eyes wide open, he tells me, "I'll kill you!"

Startled, I could do nothing but stay still, rubbing my arm as I stared into his vacant eyes.

Taehyung continued to breathe heavy until he slowly came to his senses.

After dropping the phone, he completely fell apart in front of me.

He ran his hands over his face before entangling them in his hair as he broke down to tears.

Rushing over, I wrapped my arms around him, letting him bury his face into me as he continued to sob.

People still believe Taehyung had no conscience about what he did.

Little did they know...

Just how much it broke him.