Sheik.

Zelda and Link stood outside the gates, surrounded by the Champions in Hyrule Field. Link held a dirty old shackle in his hands as he waited for Zelda to transform.

Link looked down at his hand, seeing the golden glow of his Tripeice. He looked up to see Zelda's own Tripeice glowing on her hand before the light engulfed her entire being. All the Champions, excluding Link, backed away with their hands covering their eyes from the overpowering glow. Link had seen Zelda do this before in another life.

When the glow died down, the Champions gasped in awe of her transformation. In front of them stood a beautiful Sheikah woman.

Her golden hair was braided down her back, the top of her head wrapped up, letting her bangs loose. Her ruby red eyes radiated both warmth and hostility. She was dressed in some sort of Sheikah armour. Her hands were bound with cloth to protect her from the knives she had strapped to her body. The woman leaned on one leg and crossed her arms.

 The woman leaned on one leg and crossed her arms

"Woah..." Kayga nodded in approval at Zelda's display of power.

"I'm Sheik..." The Sheikah woman bowed her head slightly, introducing herself.

Technically, she was still Zelda but Sheik was a bit more. Sheik was the warrior version of Zelda, with her kind-heartedness still intact, she could fight her way out of situations and protect the ones around her whereas Zelda was slightly less enthusiastic when it came to such brutal things.

Sheik smiled at the curious looks the Champions gave her before walking over to Epona. Link chuckled at his friends reaction to Sheik as he too walked towards his horse.

"Now, I am putting my life in your hands, Kayga..." Sheik snapped round and scowled at the Yiga boy, "If you warn your forces in any way of our arrival, I will snap every bone in your body and put your head up in my wall..." She glared at him before turning back into the sweet woman she was, "Good luck!"

Kayga gulped before teleporting away in a puff of red material.

Link put his hands on Sheik's hips and lifted her up into the saddle. Zelda hadn't needed help to get on her horse since she had gotten used to traveling with Link. Sheik needed less help but she still liked the sensation of Link's hands on her hips.

Link put the old shackle into his saddle pack and climbed behind her. They waved to the Champions as Link wrapped an arm around Sheik's waist and started their journey to Gerudo Desert.

***

Sidon and Paya were hard at work building a new house in Castle Town. Paya was exhausted from hauling bricks to and fro as well as integrating the Sheikah paneling she had designed.

Paya groaned as she tried her best to lift up a pile of brickwork. When she realised that it wouldn't budge, she let out a sigh of exasperation and slumped to the floor with a pout.

"Need any help?" Paya was snapped back to reality when Sidon kneeled down next to her.

Paya's cheeks flushed a deep pink as she looked up at him, his signature smile plastered on his face. With a lustful sigh, she nodded at the dashing Zora.

Sidon got up and held out his hand for her to take. She did so hesitantly, her cheeks getting redder by the second. When she was up, Sidon lifted the pile of brickwork with ease and asked her where she wanted them to go. She stuttered constantly but in the end she got her words out.

Sidon would chuckle occasionally at her stutter, finding her incredibly cute when she blushed like crazy.

***

"Here seems nice..." Link slid off the saddle and walked into the clearing of trees.

Sheik dropped down next to him and gave him the nod of approval. Link gathered some firewood and soon the sun was low and the two were in their camp together. Sheik had her back to Link as she leant against a tree, staring off into the sunset.

Link looked out to the horizon, to the mixture of beautiful colours. Then his gaze shifted to the young woman next to him. It reminded him of the first time they had kissed.

Lon Lon Ranch was long gone, destroyed by the Calamity thank the Goddesses. As much as it was bad to think ill of the dead, both Zelda and Link had hatted Malon, the girl of the ranch.

The only sad thing about its destruction was that they had shared their first kiss there...

The sky was aglow with the last light of day and the grass swayed softly as the warm night breeze came down. Link had been trying to train Zelda in the most basic form of self defense. He came behind her and held her tight. When the moment felt best, Zelda had turned to face him...

Link and Zelda had known it was wrong but that didn't stop them from falling in love that day. The moment their lips met, they knew in their hearts that they were right for each other.

Now they were here, traveling the lands together again. The sun made the sky burst with colours and the night breeze licked at the grass.

Link got up and silently made his way over to Sheik. She didn't even flinch as she felt his strong arms slide round her waist and pull their bodies closer. Sheik had taken off the bindings that were wrapped around her head and neck.

Link took advantage of this and started to trail kisses up her neck, stopping at just the right spot. Sheik leant her head back onto his shoulders and closed her eyes. Finally she turned in him embrace, twisting around so she could see his face.

She leant in and the two locked themselves in a passionate kiss.

Link and Sheik broke apart when the last light faded away and the dark blue of the night loomed over them. Link and Sheik lay next to each other when he wrapped his arms around her again and they felt asleep to the sound of each other's breathing.