Chapter twenty-eight_(28)

••Your pain,
Your tears,
Your sorrows,
Ill take them away,
If you just let me••

     I let my head fall back on the pillow, my cheeks hurting from smiling so much and I still couldn't stop smiling.

Thank you Lord, for answering my prayers.

A hand reached up to scratch my head and I remembered I actually had things to do. Sighing, I got out of bed, slipped my phone into my pocket and looked around for my slippers. Just as I found the second leg under a chair, the door opened and my two bubbly and overly excited friends came in.

"Were you leaving?" Faith asked as she locked the door behind her and then walked in to plop on the bed beside Ada.

"Yeah, I need to loosen my hair and then wash it and then think of something to do with it," I sighed, wondering what the hell I was going to do with my bulky hair. I had really long and full hair, just like my mom's and it could get really hard to maintain sometimes. The only advantage I had was that it was relaxed. It used to be natural though, but after endless headaches and too frequent bad hair day's, I decided to relax it.

"I know how to make hair o, I can help you with something." Ada chimed in, laying on her stomach as she put her feet up and her head turned towards me.

"Seriously! Thank you o! Let me go and wash it first then," I said, relieved that Ada could help with it.

"No, I'll help you loosen and wash it and then Ada would perform the wonders she wants to perform on it," Faith grinned and I laughed a bit, thanking her as she got up the bed, put on her slippers and followed me out of the room.

"Ehn ehn! So you people want to leave only me here abi? E no fit work o!" Ada yelled and ran after us, all three of us racing each other towards my dorm in giggles.

That's what its like to have actual friends. Not friends who know your weaknesses and use them to turn against you--Mary. I found myself wondering how she was doing and if she was truly happy being in Stephanie's clique. But then, that wasn't my business anymore; she made that clear when she chose them over me.

Stephanie wasn't in when we got to my dorm room and for that, I was thankful. While both Faith and Ada helped me loosen my hair, I got hungry because I'd skipped breakfast earlier and my amazing friend still went ahead to get me some snacks in the cafeteria--Faith is just too sweet.

"You know, you never told us what was actually wrong that time..." Ada asked after we all quieted down from a laughing fit over some abhorrent dresses Faith found on Jumia. Who even shops for dresses on sites like that! But their home appliances were the best though.

"What time?" I asked, an aftermath of the laughter still evident on my face as a smile.

"When you had that...um...I don't know what to call it, but you were suddenly sick and hysteric..." She trailed again as if unsure whether she should be bringing the topic up. The smile on my face vanished immediately, a solemn look taking over with a small sigh as I remembered what she was talking about.

"I mean, its okay if you're still not ready to talk about it...I've just been thinking about it and I'm worried..." I clearly heard the worry in her voice and I sighed again, noticing Faith had stopped loosening my hair and we were now enclosed by a heavy silence that could either be lifted or worsened, depending on my choice of words.