Chapter 35

A new update, finally.

I'm trying really hard to juggle work and home chores, along with a social life and family drama.

I have missed you loads. This little story has reached 17,000 reads, I'm so extremely grateful.

*************************************************************************

Thirty-Five

Having a plan of action brought me an immense feeling of relief.

Don't get me wrong I still felt all the proper emotions in this type of situations: Sad, hurt, angry, betrayed and humiliated. I mean, not even twenty-four hours had passed since we had made love and he was already sticking his tongue down another woman's throat. But not having to deal with anything at the moment felt absolutely wonderful.

I also decided to postpone calling home and letting the girls know about my one day as Harry's girlfriend and how badly it had ended. Talking about it would only make things more real. Besides they would all gang up on me and force me to confront Harry, something I don't feel like doing for now.

Running away from him is the right thing to do at the moment. I won't be able to look into his lovely green eyes without crying. When the time comes for me to face him, I want to do it in a dignified manner.

See, this is how it'll go. Harry will act as if nothing has happened and try to get me into bed again, but I'll push him off playfully and say in the manner befitting a sophisticated woman of the world "It's been fun darling, but let's keep things between us strictly professional from now on." And then I would let out a light, cheerful laugh and saunter off the premises. (Women of the world always, always saunter of the premises).

"Okay, Bliss, enough with the thinking," I told myself sternly. "You need to pay attention to the important stuff to carry out your running-away-from-Harry plan. You need to get your hands on some chocolate ASAP."

Determined to find chocolate, I made my way to the hotel lobby. Sure enough, several gift shops were located there, but I was having second thoughts about buying anything due to the exorbitant prices.

But luck would have it that I ran into Sid, the driver of the tour bus that had brought us to Las Vegas. "Hey Bliss, don't waste your hard earned money here. Let me take you to a Wallmart nearby."

I agreed, and we struck up a conversation. Sid told me he was driving the tour bus back to LA in a couple of hours, picking up some more stuff and returning to Las Vegas at midnight.

"That's wrong in so many levels," I said, outraged, "they shouldn't ask you to drive without getting a good night's sleep."

"It's quite alright," he said, "I volunteered."

"Why? Do you get extra pay?" I asked and immediately blushed at how inappropriate and invasive my question was. "I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to ask."

"It's quite alright." He said laughing at my embarrassment, "I do get extra pay, but it's not the money."

"It's not?"

"Nope. It's my little girl ballet recital today. This way I'll be able to attend."

"That's so sweet. You're a great dad, but won't you be exhausted?"

"Nah, it's not just me. There'll be another guy along and we'll take turns driving and sleeping."

"All right, then. It does sound lovely" I said.

Inside the Wallmart store, I picked up a variety of American candy: M&Ms, Snickers, Twix and a very cute plush toy ballerina doll for Sid's little girl. I was a woman with a mission, running into Sid seemed to be the answer to all my problems.

That is my transportation and lodging problems whilst going from Las Vegas to LA and back to Las Vegas again. My ex-boyfriend problems had no solution yet.

I'd ask Sid to let me tag along, this way I would be able to attend the Late Late show taping and have another overnight bus trip. I disclosed my whole plan and was very much relieved when Sid enthusiastically agreed. "You're welcome to ride along with us any time, Bliss. We'll be making a stop at the best fried chicken and grits place between Nevada and California, you'll love it. We'll take good care of you, I promise."

I went back to my room to get ready for the trip. I had a long day ahead and wanted to look good, but also wanted to feel comfortable. I decided on a long flowy skirt, paired with worn-in converses, a grey tee (to hide any stains), a jean jacket and a scarf. I packed some jogging bottoms and an extra tee, just in case. I took some time with my makeup, if people saw me and reported back to Harry I wanted them to tell him I looked amazing and not at all bothered about his philandering ways.

I locked my bedroom carefully. Harry was going to come into the suite whilst I was on my way to LA, I thought that leaving the door closed sent the clear message that I was keen on distancing myself from him.

Sid proved to be true to his word. He was an amazing travel companion. He loved the modest present I had bought his daughter and regaled me with stories that showed how much he loved her. Keeping my tears at bay proved hard when he showed me pictures of him and a little curly hair, green eyes, beautiful ballerina.

My running-away-from Harry was working fantastically well so far, thank you very much. There was only one glitch and that was Harry himself.

Harry was expecting to arrive in Las Vegas and find a loving girlfriend waiting for him. When he was met with an empty suite he would begin to call and message incessantly. I decided the best option was for me to take the initiative, after all, he was still my boss and I needed to justify my absence.

I couldn't bear to talk to him, but since I had already decided what I was planning to tell him I whipped up my phone and sent him an email:

Dear Harry,

After careful consideration I think is beneficial for both of us to keep our relationship on a strictly professional basis.

Kind regards,

Bliss Clarke.

There, that ought to show him!

********************************************************************************

I'm overwhelmed by you kindness, when you take time to read.

Please hit the star. Each vote, and each comment is very much appreciated

Loads of love!

E, xoxo