five

"Did you know she's a Dumbledore?" a girl whispered to her friend

"Really?"

"Yeah, so she must be smart, right?"

"Well, she is a Ravenclaw," her friend replied.

"But she's dating James Potter!" the girl exclaimed.

"Really? She hasn't even been here for a month."

"You know what makes her so special, right? She's so willing to open her legs for him. Lily wasn't willing to do that, so he gave up," the girl gossiped.

Azalea walked by the gossiping girls, glancing at them from the side before she looked away. She continued to walk to her class without engaging in the gossip.

She was tired of the words that came out of their mouths. It meant nothing to her because they were insignificant. Azalea couldn't wait to graduate from Hogwarts. She had taken a long break from learning, but it wasn't long enough.

Before the curse was placed, Azalea wanted to be an Auror. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to do that the rest of her life, but she liked the idea of defeating dark wizards and putting them away.

"What's with that look on your face?" James teased as Azalea walked into the Transfiguration classroom.

"Nothing of your concern, James."

He didn't listen to her, of course. James never listened to anyone. He marched to the beat of his own drum. He rarely listened to the Marauders who were his best mates. It was clear James was the leader. He wasn't stupid, only simply clumsy and new to the brains of females.

James followed after her as she walked to an empty desk. On the way, he grabbed his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and sat at the desk Azalea decided to sit at.

"What are you doing?" she curiously asked.

He grinned. "Sitting next to you, of course."

She looked him oddly before glancing to the front of the class where a cat was waiting for the last of the students to sit down. Then, she looked back at James.

"You're an oddity, James Potter."