Sixteen: Dream Big Princess

Pandora and Talia wandered through the streets of the Isle

Pandora and Talia wandered through the streets of the Isle. None of the patrons paid them any mind and it seemed rather odd.

Shouldn't they have realized that they'd never seen the two before? Maybe they didn't pay attention enough. The two found themselves in front of a Shoppe called Ursula's Fish and Chips and found it odd what they were seeing at the moment. A redheaded girl was taunting Maddie, but it didn't make sense since they both thought Maddie was sleeping in her dorm.

"You know I haven't got all day." The redhead was saying. "I see the conflict in your eyes. But alas dear Maddie. Why should you care about a place where you don't belong? It must be hard enough to live in a land where you don't belong, but knowing it, holding conflicting realities in your head will drive you mad!" Quinn said. "Another insightful quote from dear ol' dad."

She let that sink in for a moment before she continued.

"Reality is a prison, Mads." She said, tapping her nails on the table. "'I'll never know why people say they suffer from insanity. I have all my life and I've never been happier.' We're different and they'll never see pass that. So we have to show who's boss."

Maddie's head jerked up at the revelation but still she remained quiet.

"Now you're starting to catch on." Quinn said, tapping Maddie on the chin. "Good for you. You're starting to see it my way, I hope. You know what I want, and you are going to help me."

"Dream big, princess." Uma said. "I have a feeling Mal and her gang aren't going to come through. So why even bother?"

"Let them fail. They'll regret it." The redhead said. "Who would dare cross the daughter of the Queen of Hearts?" She turned to Chelsea. "The daughter of the Cheshire Cat." She turned to Gil. "The son of Gaston." She turned to Harry. "The son of Captain Hook." She turned to Sam. "The daughter of Smee." She turned to Uma. "And The daughter of Ursula?"

"Pretty much all the Auradon snobs." Uma pointed out. "Why do you think we are here?"

"We are here because of our parent's mistakes. We are here because Auradon thinks we'd turn out just like them, except we aren't them, and we've committed no crimes, so should we not have a fair chance to get to Auradon like Mal and her gang?"

"And we are back to square one." Sam said, with sarcasm evident in her tone. "Hooray."

"I don't care for your sarcasm and sass, Sam." She said.

"And I don't care for you in general, Quinn." Sam said.

"Touché." Quinn said. "So Maddie have you made your decision or do I still have to keep talking? Because I can go on all day and talk your ear off."

"Because we all want to hear your voice all day." Sam said, propping her feet onto the counter. Quinn rolled her eyes. "Rolling eyes is my thing. Okay Quinny? Find your own thing."

"My thing is cutting off people's heads." Quinn said. "Which I'm seriously considering doing to you."

"I'll carve out your heart first." Sam said, swinging her legs off the table and setting them onto the floor, propping her elbows on the table.

"Ladies." Uma said. "Can we be civil for a moment?"

"I am being civil." Sam said. "I'm just saying what I'll do if she tries anything,"

"And I'm just saying what I'll do to her if she tries anything." Quinn said pointing a finger at Sam, earning a glare from the blonde haired girl, as Quinn stuck her tongue at her.

"Samantha!" A voice called as they entered the shop. It was her father, Mr. Smee.

"Hi dad." Sam said, turning her attention away from Quinn and toward the door. "What's up?"

"You were supposed to pick up your brothers hours ago." Smee said, flatly. "Did you forget?"

"I did." Sam said. "Sorry."

"Ugh. It's Sam being sensible Sam." Quinn said, under her breath, but loud enough for the blonde to hear.

"It's fine." Smee said. "Boys! Come in here." Squeaky and Squirmy entered the shop. "Now you two be good to your sister."

"Their angels in a devil sort of way." Sam said. "We'll be fine."

"Good." Her father said. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Dad." Sam said as Smee disappeared through the saloon like doors, going to who knows where.

"Alright. Thanks to the interruption we'll just get to the point." Quinn said. "Have you made your decision?"

Maddie looked at her thoughtfully. In the words of Alice, she had known who she was that morning but she had changed so many times since then. But there was no getting out of Quinn's ultimatum.

"I did." Maddie said. "I'll help them."

"Lovely!" Quinn said. "Less blood on my hands. Now wake up and go back to prissy little Auradon and you tell those VKs what you told me."

It was strange then, Maddie just disappeared. Pandora and Talia exchanged looks of confusion, looking at where Maddie had been and how fast she had disappeared.

Where had she gone? Pandora had no idea and she would have to ask Maddie later. Quinn had said something about her waking up so maybe Maddie had dreamed herself here? Pandora didn't understand it but she blinked and kept staring at the spot Maddie had vacate, waiting for her to appear again.

She sighed, glancing at Talia to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Talia held the same look of confusion. They stood for a moment watching and waiting, hoping for Maddie to appear again, then they realized it wasn't a good idea to be so close to someone who Maddie herself feared and the blonde who seemed to want Pandora dead. They looked for a moment more before they continued walking aimlessly through the Isle, neither knowing where they were going but both knowing now wasn't the best time to begin their plan.