Chapter 119 - Neglected

"You...The nerve!" Emilia glared at her fiercely. "After everything, you really don't know the reason?"

Even now, Mimi contained an expression of confusion, her brows knitted tightly together.

"Can't you tell me why you're mad, and then we can resolve it?"

Wouldn't that end things quicker?

At this, Emilia's beautiful face flushed red in anger and frustration.

"Forget it!" Emilia stomped toward Mimi and thrust the two crepes into her hands. "You wanted these right? I hope you enjoy. I bought them! With my money!"

Once the crepes were put in her hands, Emilia twisted her heels and stomped away from Mimi.

As she watched her figure walk away, Mimi continued to stand in a stunned state, her eyes slightly wide.

Did she miss something? Why was she so upset?

Women were truly unfathomable!

Mimi looks down at the crepes in her hand and was suddenly at a loss.

Sighing, Mimi heads inside the café and asks for two containers and packs the crepes in them. Afterward, she stood to the side and took out her phone, quickly dialing a number.

"Hello?" A man's deep voice spoke on the other end.

Mimi whined in a soft, sweetened tone, "Toby, I need help!"

Tobias on the other end was currently in the process of reading over an important contract for his company when he suddenly received Mimi's call.

Surprised by her call, he could only assume it was important since she rarely called him – especially when she knew he was working.

Heeding her words, Tobias without hesitation abandoned his work and became alert.

With a grim expression, he asks, "What's wrong?"

"I'm having girl trouble..."

Tobias's expression contorted into one of seriousness, "Did you take some medication? Do you want me to come over and bring the chocolate and heating pads?"

Mimi's lips twitched. "Not that kind of girl trouble! I'm talking about Emilia! I mentioned to you earlier this week that she invited me to go shopping and spend girl time together, remember?"

"Mmm, I remember."

"Well, we were hanging out together and all of a sudden she burst out into a raging fit and left me! I asked her what was wrong, but she won't tell me. Tell me what to do Toby!"

The ice that covered his dark eyes slowly melted when hearing the girl complain about such normal and childish matters.

Smiling, he said in his deep hoarse voice, "Tell me what happened, from the beginning."

As Mimi told Tobias everything they did that day, his expression slowly began to furrow.

After she finished explaining, he finally couldn't help but sigh helplessly.

Every so often, he wondered if the girl was either dense toward human emotions or just oblivious to them when food was involved.

Even him, who was considered a dull and emotionless human being, could grasp the problem to her situation.

"She might have felt neglected."

"Neglected?"

"Think of it like this; if you invited me to hang out and all I did was ignore you and talk on the phone, how would you feel?"