22| Things Just Fall Into Place

    MONDAY rolled around, and it was back to the normal swing of things

    MONDAY rolled around, and it was back to the normal swing of things. It was honestly a bit of a rude-awakening after Saturday. But it was just how things had to be. No more breaks. Back to the normal routine of school, volleyball, homework, sleep. And then repeat for 5 days.

    I was sitting in AP Literature, my 6th period class. The bell hadn't rung yet, so I was writing down all of my to-do's for the week in my planner to make sure I stayed organized. I was always good at organization, but this week I really needed to focus or else my parents would probably go insane.

    Right as the bell rang, Jeremy and Bianca sprinted into the classroom so that they weren't late. They came and sat down at our usual table, quickly taking out their books. Today we had a sub, which meant that we would be reading all class period. What it actually meant was that we would be chatting all period, and I didn't mind that. I had already gotten ahead on reading, anyway.

    "Why almost late?" I asked, facing Jeremy and Bianca.

    "We got caught up—" Jeremy started, but Bianca shushed him.

    "Jeremy got caught up talking to Cayden. I was just there with him," Bianca informed me.

    "Ooh," I said, wiggling my eyebrows. "Love is in the air."

    Jeremy rolled his eyes at us. "Love isn't in the air. Mild to moderate attraction is in the air."

    "You worded that weird. You made it sound like a disease," Bianca said, and then mocked him. "Mild to moderate attraction— like those commercials! Mild to moderate plaque psoriasis!"

    "Only you would say something like that," I muttered.

    Jeremy laughed and then popped a mint in his mouth. "How was the family study sesh yesterday? He asked, grinning at me.

    "Don't remind me!" I exclaimed. "Terrible. Just awful. It almost ruined my entire weekend."

    "Almost?" Bianca questioned. "The hell did you do on Saturday that made your weekend good then?"

    "I... went to the gym," I told them, not wanting to get into details. But of course, details were required when it came to talking with Bianca and Jeremy. They would get the truth out of me no matter what it took.

    "Spill the deets!" Bianca exclaimed, and Jeremy nodded rapidly in agreement. "If you don't talk, girl, I swear. I will rip the wheels off of your car and—"

    "Okay, I'll tell you!" I gave in. Bianca's threat was nothing if not truthful. She could be scary sometimes. "I went to the gym to punch the punching bag because, you know how I get."

    "Oh we know," Jeremy interjected, and I shot him a dirty look. "Sorry. Continue."

    "Anyways, I was finishing up and Noah found me there," I admitted, and they both simultaneously gasped. So dramatic. "He noticed that I was mad, and so he told me that he could make my day better. So we kind of spent the entire day together... hanging out."