⚫Chapter 47⚫

"My cousin is your mate?" Elias yelled out.

"Elias, why are you always yelling?" I asked him. Like damn, Jasper was literally right there.

"Yes, she is."

"But how? We didn't see you guys together at all," Elias inquired.

"We kept it a secret. My wolf almost took control when I saw her, but I somehow managed to calm him down."

"Did you guys spend time together at all?" I asked feeling bad that he didn't want to tell us knowing that Elias would probably freak out like he was right now. "Yeah, after she showed you guys your room, she sneaked into mine and we talked a lot," he said. "Aw, that's cute," I sighed.

"If you hurt her in any way..." Elias threatened Jasper. "Oh, shut up. You literally rejected me! That's the worse a mate could ever do!" I exclaimed. "I didn't actually reject you," he said arguing back.

"Technically you did," I responded.

"I'm sorry," he said while looking at the floor. "It's fine. Let's just worry about the present and the future," I said before giving him a hug.

Elias tensed up which made me release him. Before I could even get away, he pulled me back into his arms and hugged me back. "Ok, I miss Isidora," Jasper sighed. "Don't worry, you'll be able to visit her soon," I said.

"Are you sure? I mean will Sebastián let me?"

"Who cares what he thinks or says. You've been waiting for your mate for years. Nothing can separate you now. In fact, I think you should live in Regnum Ignis instead of Regnum Aqua. You both need each other," I stated. "Yeah, I wish that could happen. I miss her like crazy," he said.

Nathan and his mate finally stopped staring at each other which allowed her to walk over towards us. "Hi. I'm Annora." She was so pretty.

"Hi, I'm Leilani. And this is my mate Elias and that's Jasper."

"It's nice to meet you guys," she said with a smile. She then turned back to look at Nathan. "I still can't believe it," she exclaimed before giving him another hug. "Come on, I have so much to tell you," she said ecstatically. And off they went.

"Well, you guys must be exhausted. I'll let you have some time to yourselves. We can meet up in a bit for lunch," Nephele said.

"I'm actually not that tired. I was wondering if you could show me-" Jasper started to say as he walked away with Nephele leaving Elias and me all alone.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" he asked me.

"I would love to."

-

"Do you have a crush on Nathan?" Elias asked me out of the blue once we got outside. "Uh, why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I mean you guys are best friends. You've known each other for years. You even have nicknames for each other. You might've kissed before or even-"

"Ok, you can stop right there," I said. It was obvious that Elias was the jealous type. "I can assure you that I do not have a crush on Nathan. Yes, there was a time when I did have a thing for him, but I promise that ship has sailed. It's just he's never had another girl in his life other than me and his mom. He never even dated throughout high school. And now that he's found his mate, I'll have to take a step back and let her be the main girl in his life."

"I mean, that doesn't mean you guys can't be friends anymore, it'll just mean you might not be able to be as close as you were before."

"Yes, I guess so."

"So you've never kissed each other?" he asked me. "Nope." I would never tell Elias about our almost kiss. It was basically irrelevant.

"I'm sure you've dated and kissed other guys though," he said. "Actually no. Most boys thought I looked weird because of my hair and eyes. So, there were no boys interested in me."

"Are you serious?" he asked me sounding completely shocked. "Yes. What about you?"

"No one interested me."

"Wait, so you're saying if someone did interest you, you would've dated them?" I asked.

"Well, before I met you, I tricked myself into believing I didn't have a mate out there, which was very stupid of me I know, but I just couldn't be bothered."

"Well I'm glad I got you to your senses," I said. "Yes," he chuckled.

"Did you just laugh? Oh my gosh. Who are you and what have you done with the real Elias?" I asked very dramatically. "Yes, I laughed. I can be nice if I want to be."

"So be nice. Sometimes you get so worked up over the littlest things! You need to live a little," I exclaimed before nudging him.

Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew against the both of us. Our long locks immediately flew up in the air. I began to laugh as I enjoyed the cool breeze washing over us. After it calmed down, I decided to ask my burning question.

"What was your first impression of me?" It took him a couple of minutes before he responded. "Well, do you want me to be honest?" he asked. Oh gosh. Was it going to be something negative?

"Yes."

"Well, when I recognized that I was being stalked, I just assumed that you were a freak," he said while laughing.

"That's not what I meant," I frowned in embarrassment. I hated thinking about what I did.

"Well, on that day, the boys and I were just looking around for discounts on shirts and stuff. And then suddenly, I could smell you. Your scent was so overpowering. It was a mixture of cinnamon and honey. And then when I realized my mate, the person I am destined to be with forever was standing right in front of me, I got so angry. I remembered my uncle and how he wasn't able to protect his mate and that scared me knowing that the exact same thing could happen to me. I really thought I was able to put off meeting my mate for as long as I could, but apparently not. I just remember being so furious. I never even told the boys about you. Not even Jasper."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want them to lecture me on why I should accept you as my mate. In my mind, I already made my decision to reject you. I was stubborn and hated it when others told me I was wrong."

"Wow."

"And then when I realized it was you stalking me, I was so angry that the moon goddess brought us together again. I was going to officially reject you, but Gray changed my mind last minute. I am still very sorry for treating you the way I did," he said in remorse.

"It's alright Elias. Everyone makes mistakes. I just want to know something. Were you disappointed when you saw what I looked like? Were you expecting someone else?" I asked him.

"I never imagined my mate would be black. I never even looked at black girls, to be honest. But when I held you against that tree, I realized how foolish I was." he said. "Those guys in your school were blind. You're beautiful."

My stomach churned as the butterflies began moving wildly. He stepped closer to me and placed both of his hands onto my face. His face got closer to mine as he stared into my eyes.

I hesitantly reached my hands around his neck bringing him closer to me. This was it, he was going to kiss me. So I closed shut and braced myself. I remained calm as I sensed his pink lips slowly approaching mine. Just one more breath and our lips would touch.

"Sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds, but lunch is ready," I heard Jasper call out from a couple of feet away from us. I opened my eyes to see that Elias had removed his hands from my face and looked beyond pissed.

"Jasper..." Elias gritted through his teeth in annoyance.

"I mean you could always have it later..."