Chapter 13

Sakaaran Arena-

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Little Man and my Champion Ares!" Grandmaster announced and the whole Arena Cheered. Percy looked at the VIP box and saw Artemis chewing her nails "Let the Battle begin!" Grandmaster declared and the cheer became louder.

Percy and Ares both walked up to each other. None of them had pulled out their weapons. A spear was on Ares's back and Percy's hands were in his pocket. They both were sizing each other up.

"So you are a Demigod. Who's your father?"

"You'll know it soon enough."

"I don't like your attitude, boy." Ares pulled out the spear.

"What? Trying to scare me, Ares? You're ten times less scary than the other one."

"The other one?" Ares looked confused. Percy pulled out his pen and uncapped it. A beautiful bronze sword appeared in his hand.

"Let's get this over with." Percy said and jumped at Ares.

Percy jumped and hacked at him. Ares blocked Percy's slash and leaped back. He was trying to put some distance between them, so he could use the spear properly, but Percy always closed the gap as quickly as he made it. It annoyed Ares. He jumped back and thrust the spear at him. Percy swatted the spear and slashed at him again.

'Using spear was the bad idea.' Ares thought as he dodged the sword. He dropped the spear and pulled out short sword. The two swords met with loud clang.

Ares and Percy were trading blows after blows. None of them had backed up yet. Suddenly Ares pulled out another short sword. He was dual-wielding. Now Percy was getting pushed back towards the wall.

"You are a good swordsman boy, but I've been playing with swords since my childhood. You cannot stand against me." Ares taunted.

Percy didn't say anything. He just looked at Ares. His sea-green eyes seemed brighter. "Arrrgh!" He yelled and with a powerful swing he broke both of Ares's swords.

"Incredible! I've never seen anyone fight like that. Even Achilles couldn't stand against me." Ares said.

"Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment." He struck upwards.

Ares pulled out his Battleaxe and blocked the attack.

"You're welcome! Now let's end this child's play." He leaped in the air and struck down at Percy.

Percy rolled over and dodged the axe, but Ares with his left hand swung the axe again. Percy blocked the attack with his sword, but the impact threw him back several feet.

"Ah! My hand is numb." He shook off the pain.

"You are good kid, but not enough to defeat me." He leaped again to strike.

This time Percy stood his ground waiting for the strike. As Ares was about to land the blow Percy pulled out his shield and blocked the attack. This time the power behind the attack was completely nulled.

Percy swatted the axe and thrust his sword at Ares. Ares stepped back to avoid the attack. He was completely surprised by this turn of event. He grinned and stepped in to deliver a downward blow. He was enjoying the fight.

Ares dashed at Percy with swing of his axe. Percy took the blow on the shield and pushed him back. He quickly charged and slammed the shield in his chest knocking him backwards. Ares tumbled and hit the wall, this angered him.

"ARRGH!" He bellowed and threw the axe at Percy. Percy dodged the axe. Ares pulled out two one handed axe and charged at Percy. He was now furious, because a mere child was giving him this much trouble. He slashed and hacked at Percy. His attacks were getting faster than before. Percy was struggling to keep up. Ares kicked on his shield and sent him into the wall behind him.