lonely

requested by Sixteen_OS
 very out of character saiki-kun
.
.
.

"(Y/N)." The strawberry-haired psychic called you.

You whipped your head over to his direction, and answered him in a soft voice. "Yes?"

His heart stopped as soon you faced him.

Your smile was so genuine and charming, he was so lucky and so grateful to be in this world with you.

"Stop staring, idiot." You ruffled his hair in a teasing manner, causing him to form a light pink tint on his cheeks.

He stood there, admiring you. "How in the world can someone make me feel this way like you do?"

"I have no clue either," You stared at your engagement ring glistening from the sun. "But I feel the same way towards you. I can't wait to start a future together with you."

"Good grief," Saiki internally rolled his eyes. "Stop making me fall in love with you more."

"If you stop doing the same to me." You playfully punched his shoulder while smiling cheekily.

...

The lonely psychic dug through his formally shared bedroom, retrieving all of your lost stuff. Still by now, he couldn't believe that he lost you over a simple mistake. That pained him, broke him, and he couldn't stop himself from crying so hard for the past few days.

Your marriage with him was supposedly today, but what's the point now?

He rummaged through your stuff, hoping to find something valuable that he'll cherish forever. What did he mean, everything you had was valuable to him.

Picture frame after picture frame, books upon books upon books. He couldn't stop himself from shedding a few tears, why was he looking into your stuff? It'll hurt him more. You changed his life, and there would be no one to replace the big hole that you left in his heart.

When he stood up, he knocked down some of the boxes stacked up and a small envelope of multiple colors slid across the floor and hit his foot.

He stared at the envelope with uneasy feeling, haven't he seen this envelope before?

He shook his head, feeling extremely fatigued. Sulking, he walked over to his bed and closed his eyes, hoping to get at least a few minutes of sleep.

A few minutes passed and nothing happened, but then he opened his eyes again, but he wasn't in the familiar room he was just in.

He was outside, in the busy streets of Japan. Bustling with foreign and native faces, he noticed that the people were dressed with dead trends or so he thought.

He looked down, realizing that he was plainly dressed in his old high school uniform.

Did I go back in time? The psychic thought.

He walked around, the streets seemed familiar to him. Glancing at evey store window he passed by, he reminded himself how he enjoyed these calm strolls around the city.

He enjoyed it even more when he was strolling around the city with you.

The sudden memory of you made Saiki frown, he cursing at himself for that. He looked down, avoiding the gazes of everyone passing by him.

"Saiki-kun~!"

The innocent chirp of his name made him look up, and he wasn't expecting it to be someone else rather than a younger version Teruhashi Kokomi. He groaned, not bothering to answer her as he tried to hide behind a swarm of boys gushing over her.

Mentally cursing at himself, he tried to hide in the crowd with Teruhashi closely following behind.

"Saiki-kun, where are you going?"

Just when he was in the clear, he teleported to the store right across the street.

He breathed heavily, trying to regulate his breathing pattern. In an isolated section of the fresh produce aisle, he stared at the shelves feeling somehow nostalgic.

"Excuse me sir," A small but familiar voice was heard beside him. He whipped his head over to the left side of his shoulder, frozen when he realized who that person was. "I need something from that shelf."

A younger you in a PK Academy uniform.

"(Y/N)," He muttered still in shock. He admired you, reminiscing on how you still had that innocent face. He took in your beauty, never thinking that he would never see you again.

"Do I know you?" You eyed him up and down, recognizing the boys' uniform. "Oh, you also go to PK Academy as well."

He smiled, tears brimming in the corner of his eyes, which you found weird.

You adjusted your bag with uneasiness and asked, "I'm sorry, but can you move just a bit?"

He took a step back and you retrieved the stuff you needed.

"I'll see you around, uh-"
"Saiki Kusuo."
"Right, well my full name is-"
"(L/N) (Y/N)."

The fact that he knew your full name rang in his ears, you were a bit creeped out.

"Ah, Saiki-kun, I'll see you around!" You waved at him nonetheless, you turning your heel and walking the opposite direction.

He noticed that under your arm that you were carrying a clear box full of multi-colored envelopes, they looking quite familiar to him.

He gasped out of realization, and he shouted your name.

But as soon as he did the store somehow start to dissolve, and his eyes shot open again.

He was sweating in the comfort of your past shared bed and checked the clock. A whole hour went by but he didn't hesitate to get the envelope you gave him a long time ago on the floor.

Fully breaking down, he couldn't open the envelope that was crumpled in his shaky hands.

There he sat in the middle of the floor crying his heart out, tightly gripping the envelope filled with anguish and regret that you didn't come home safely that day.