twenty-two

november 25 1989--

"is that true eds?" eddie was startled. he turned around and found richie standing on the stairs.

"uhh..." eddie was blushing.

"it's fine." richie was blushing too. "maybe i feel the same way too."

"oh." 

--

eddie smiled. "really?" richie nodded.

"of course. how could i not?" the smaller one laughed. 

"i can think of like a thousand different reasons." richie got off the stairs and walked towards eddie. richie wrapped his arms around eddies torso and rested his head on his shoulder while holding him. 

"well, i don't agree with any of them."

"b-but you don't know what any of them were."

"i don't need to. cause you are absolutely perfect. my litte eds,"

"don't call me eds, chee you know i hate it." eddie whined pushing richie off.

"aww, but i love it." richie pinched eddie's cheek. eddie rolled his eyes and walked over to the couch. "umm... if you want we can talk about, uh, how we feel in the morning." eddie nodded.

"ya, that would be good. i'm really tired." he hopped onto the couch.

"well, goodnight eds."

"goodnight chee." 

~~~~~

richie and eddie woke up to the smell of food, which woke eddie up very quickly. he jolted up and got hit with something. 

"argh!" eddie groaned. he grabbed his face and squinted his eyes. 

"ah good morning to you too eddiekins." richie smiled looking at eddie. 

"what the fuck are you doing on me??" eddie asked. he looked concerned.

"aw babe why do you look so concerned?" richie was smirking.

"i swear if w-"

"good morning boys!" richie's mother walked into the kitchen, she was holding holly in her arms.

"good morning mom." richie said waving at maggie.

"you two boys looked so cute this morning." she smiled. "i didn't want to wake you up so i let you two sleep in. and wow! look at the time! it's 10:42 in the morning and you are late for school. oops." mrs. tozier giggled.

"uhh..." eddie was confused.

"i thought that you two could use the day off." maggie smiled at them.

"uh thanks mom." richie laughed. 

"get off me now rich." eddie said.

"uh ya, of course." richie smirked at eddie and kissed the tip of his nose. they both blushed and got off the couch.

"you boys are so cute."  maggie looked like she had tears in her eyes. she was clutching her cheeks. she had placed holly down onto the kitchen counter. 

holly stood up onto the counter and began to walk around. as she walked she stumbled across the big bowl of pancake mix. she dipped one of her fingers into the mix and licked her finger. she giggled and made a short comment about how it was wet. it made richie let out a large snort. maggie gave richie a small little smack on the shoulder. 

"richie! don't think like that!" she sighed. "i'm so sorry eddie."

"no no... it's fine, he's like this all the time. heh, you should know, you're his mother." maggie nodded and sighed.