f i f t y - f i v e

οnє мοnτн ℓατєя...

It was a late Monday afternoon, a month after their three friends' departure towards their university.

The day Jisoo and the other two left was also the day Seokmin changed. At first, he was crying and bawling back in his and Chan's apartment and refused to even call his hyung since he's worried the other will think of him as a desperate person begging for attention.

But with a few words of encouragement from his best friends, he was able to grab his phone and dial Jisoo's number.

At first Jisoo wasn't able to answer, which discouraged the younger. But as soon as Seokmin gave up, Jisoo called him immediately, stating his reasons that he was still trying to enroll himself into the university with the help of Jeonghan and Seungcheol.

Afterwards, Chan had an endless complaint of not being able to sleep at night because all he hears is Seokmin's loud voice blabbering here and there. He actually had dark circles under his eyes when they went to their usual Sunday dance lessons. Soonyoung felt bad for the younger as he received an earful from their instructor.

Now it was today, a Monday, and the circles under Chan's eyes didn't have any plans to leave anytime soon. Soonyoung had a talk with Seokmin about it and the other promised not to be loud when calling his boyfriend again. Seokmin just couldn't contain his excitement when he's calling his hyung, is all.

Soonyoung sat before the piano where Jihoon's usual spot is. They were going to meet up in the music room after school since there's something that Jihoon wanted to show to him in the room. Which is private.

Soonyoung wished it was something what he was thinking it would be since it will be the two of them in the room, after all.

Soonyoung sighed as he already thought of scenarios that may occur in the area minutes later.

Jihoon and Soonyoung agreed to meeting after school but Soonyoung, being an excited goofball he is, decided to ditch the last period (it's only boring History, anyway) of the day and went straight to the music room where no Jihoon was spotted at the moment.

The music room had become the couple's hangout place since Jihoon still wanted to be discreet about their relationship even when the whole school (probably) already knows. Soonyoung didn't like it at first, but knowing that he will have Jihoon all by himself for how long they want is enough to change his mind.

Soonyoung hummed to a song that he knew only he and his boyfriend knew. The song that his precious soulmate had composed just for him, Home.

It was a beautiful song. Very soothing and very soft that always makes Soonyoung calm on hard days. Come to think of it, his mom has been acting strange for the past few days and it's making Soonyoung worried. She even asked Soonyoung to avoid the television as much as possible yesterday, which confused the boy even more.

What happened to his mom?

Soonyoung heard a click behind him and he lit up, turning around with the biggest grin he smiled the whole day.

"Jihoonie!"

But it wasn't Jihoon behind the door. No, it was someone else. And Soonyoung was shock to see her from such a long time apart.

"Momo?"

Momo smiled at him upon hearing her name, but it never reached her eyes the way it used to like before. She brushed her bangs away as she entered, closing the door and leaning her back on it, avoiding Soonyoung's gaze at all cost.

"Hey, Soonyoung. It's been a while, huh?"

Soonyoung looked down as well as he felt different when he was staring at Momo. So different than the way he used to. It seems like she hasn't changed at all. Still the same shy Momo like how Soonyoung remembered her. Somehow, Soonyoung felt relief from it.