Chapter Four

Four Months Later

Shadis ordered the Scouts back to Wall Maria. It was another failed mission. As the Scouts entered the gates of Shinganshina District. Levi kept his hood up, and head facing forward. He could hear what the people were saying about them, and he wanted to beat them up, tie them to a horse and send that horse out of the Wall for them to see the horrors they face every time they would risk their lives at the other side of it.

"The rest of them got eaten..."

"All our taxes just do is keeping them fat and happy..."

Levi's grip at his horse's reigns tightened. He didn't know why, but he remembered the words that Maria told him when he accepted the job that Lovof gave him. The very job that landed him to where he was now.

You know nothing, Levi! You know nothing of what kind of hell the surface is!

He couldn't help but wonder. Did she know about the Titans? Did she see one? Was she a Scout? His questions kept on popping in his mind, and it was then that he realized how little he knew about his deceased lover.

She never looked like someone to have grown up in the Underground. She was smarter than anyone – even me... Levi thought.

Levi placed his hand on his chest, where he felt the silver feather under his shirt.

"What more were you hiding, Maria?"

~*~

One Week Later

Sofia ran through the halls of their school, making their way to their classroom where she – to her relief – saw their teacher, Ms. Margaret.

"Teacher, help, Iris and Leon are in trouble!" Sofia called out.

The young woman with blond hair tied to a low pony-tail, blue eyes and slightly tan skin – Ms. Margaret, turned from her table to Sofia with an alarmed look on her face. Following the child, she found a group of students circling a fight. Softly pushing her way to the center of the crowd, Ms. Margaret saw the sight of her students; Leon was being held back by a boy with brown hair, while Iris was continuously punching the boy under her as she tried fighting off the other boy trying to get her off his friend.

"Get this Rat off of me!" the boy under Iris cried.

"KEEP CALLING ME THAT AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING NOSE!" Iris yelled.

"APOLOGIZE TO HER, YOU BASTARDS!" Leon said.

"IRIS, LEON, STOP IT!" Sofia begged.

Before Iris could land another punch, Ms. Margaret came and held the girl's fist. Startled, Iris snapped her gaze to the one who held her, her eyes widened in shock when she came face-to-face with their teacher.

"Teacher..." Iris gasped.

"Ms. Margaret." Leon said.

"Iris, that's enough. Get off him now." Ms. Margaret said in a forceful tone.

After dispersing the crowd of students, Ms. Margaret had Iris, Leon and the three boys to her classroom, she had them all sit down on the chairs and she went to clean their wounds. After cleaning the blood that dripped from the boy's nose, and from Iris' fists, Ms. Margaret sat down on her own chair and asked for how everything happened.

"Those bastards started it!" Leon pointed at the three boys.

"You threw the first punch!"

"You and the Rat pushed us!"