told you

Kara's POV:

"Nate, wake up! We're about to land!" I slap my brother out of his sleep.

"Bro! what the-" he rubs his eyes.

I grab my small backpack and put my seatbelt on. I hate landing, it always messes with my ears. I force my eyes shut and grip on to the handle of my seat.

"Are you okay?" Nate asks with a slight laugh.

"What does it look like?"

"Well to me it looks like your about to cry,"

"You would be correct."

"You know you can unclench your body now, we're on the ground," He says getting out of his seat.

"Oh."

I slowly get up my ears still ringing. I hate airplanes SO much. I see Kristen and Elizabeth walking down the aisle and I give them a small wave. 
-
"You rented a beach house!!" I exclaim jumping out of the car.

"Calm down or you ain't gonna get in, fool," Nate laughs.

He unlocks the door and I run in, pulling Kristen along with me.

"ITS BEAUTIFUL!" Kristen gasps, openmouthed.

"Let's go pick our rooms!" I squeal.

I jog up the stairs, leaving my bag with the boys. They can carry it in anyway they're strong, buff men. (lol what) I find a bedroom that is about the size of a small living room. It holds a queen size bed and a small couch.

"How the heck did your brother afford this?" I hear Elizabeth say from behind me.

"I honestly don't know, he must be a drug dealer or something," I laugh.
-
"I'M HUNGRY!" Jack shouts as he walks down the stairs.

"Well eat something then." I reply, looking up at him from my phone.

"I kinda want pancakes."

"Well, do you have pancake mix?"

"Um...no, but I can get some."

I watch as he grabs his keys and walks out the door. well that was odd, I think to myself.

Twenty minutes later Jack trudges in the door with five Walmart bags.

"I thought you only wanted pancake mix?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Well I saw whipped cream and strawberries. Let's just say I bought a lot of toppings." he laughs, setting the bags on the counter.
-
"You have to turn the stove on in order for it to cook, Gilinsky!" I exclaim shaking my head at the stupid boy? man? who knows?

His hands go up in defense, "I'm sorry! I don't know how to cook, Kara!"

"You should still know you have to turn the stove on! we've been standing here for 10 minutes waiting for them to cook."

"Oops." He laughs.
-
All of the boys left to go swimming at the beach for a "night swim" but I think they just wanted to see cute girls. So I'm left alone. I decide to sit on the couch and read a book. I brought multiple with me but I choose Turtles All the Way Down by John Green.

I'm probably about halfway through the story when I hear a low banging noise. I raise my head up and slowly set the book down and walk to the kitchen. I need a weapon, so I grab a knife out of the drawer. I hear footsteps. "Hello?" My voice seems to echo throughout the almost empty house.

I see a shadow of what looks to be a person go around the corner. I hold the knife in front of me. As I walk back into the living room I hear more footsteps behind me. Before I can turn around a voice hisses, "I told you to stay away", and I feel pressure on the right side of my head. Everything starts to go black.

The final thought that went through my head was this:
I should have went with my friends.

A/N (kinda important lol)

i'm so so so sorry for not updating in over 3 weeks. So I have epilepsy (a seizure disorder) and I've had MANY seizures in the last week. I was stuck in the hospital for 3 days. I got lots of antibiotics flushed through me and felt very drugged up. I also wrote part of this when all of that happened. Thankfully i'm still thriving. my meds were giving me some bad side effects so it's being changed. so I HOPE  this one works. sorry for the long paragraph lol. Thank you if you read it. <33