Chapter 59 Getting Your Act Together

Jack had left for the US that morning. And Ember decided to meet his father. He walked towards his room and knocked at his door, walking inside, he stood before him. Ember's father was looking outside through the glass wall behind him. He looked at the traffic that seemed like ants.

"We need to talk," Ember's voice was cold. Harnston Helberg turned his head and looked at him. He had aged like a fine wine with blonde hair and white eyelashes, Persian blue eyes and white eyebrows, he looked an older version of Ember.
"Speak,"

"I need a break. I'm tired and I'm sick," Ember said.
Harnston chucked "You were born sick, what's new?"
"Then, you shouldn't have chosen me to be the company's successor,"
"I wouldn't have if you weren't this gifted. Now get your sorry ass out of here,"
Ember looked at his father and turned back "Okay," Ember walked out of the room with his head drowned in music and his thoughts.

"You were born sick,"

. . .

Rhea sat inside her room with a painting she had just painted kept right before her. It was complete but she felt otherwise. She felt as if something was missing. She looked into her watch. It was time to leave for the classes. She clicked the pictures of the painting and grabbed her bag. She wore a cream coloured turtle neck and a pair of brown jeans. She drank some coffee and left for the place.

Sitting on her bicycle, she plugged in her earphones. She began paddling and passed through the streets. It was November and Christmas was on in its way. Just like Diwali was an important festival for Rhea, Christmas was an important one for Ember. Summer was long gone and it was the season of the dead.

Everything that came into summer was washed away by the rain, leaving behind corpses of dead flowers, sinking into the soil, making the ingredients for spring. The days of November were reducing, she needed to find out what to paint and that too fast. She parked her bicycle outside the mall and locked it.

Ember pressed his cold hands on her neck from behind and she jumped immediately. She turned back and kicked his leg. He was wearing blue jeans and a black sweater which seemed a size bigger than his body. 

"Don't come here after you smoke weed," She was grumpy right after meeting him. He smiled and leaned towards her "Then, tell me what should I do to feel this high?"
"Marijuana,"
Ember laughed as he walked beside her "Why are your hands so cold?" She asked.
"They always are,"

"That is so creepy. Don't tell me you're a vampire otherwise," She asked.
"I'm not interested in sucking blood,"
"Leaving that aside, finally, our Lord showed up,"
"Yeah, I'm serious about my studies,"
"Why didn't you attend the last lecture?"
"Oh, that! I went to the doctor,"

Rhea stopped and he stopped with her. She looked worried "Why?" She asked.
"Because I just broke my leg falling for you," Ember smiled.
"Why are you so-ugh!" She kicked his leg again and he almost tripped but balanced himself, "By the way, what are your plans for Christmas?"
"I don't know, a family dinner, I guess,"

Meenu and Arjun were seated already in the classroom, eating a bag of chips.

"I'm so tired," Rhea sat on her seat and Ember sat beside her.
"Of course you're tired. You've been running through my head all day!"
"Meenu, let's switch seats," Rhea looked at Meenu. She ignored her like a mosquito and stared at AJ.
"Nice hairstyle, bro" Meenu complimented.
"...I haven't even brushed my hair today," AJ gave her a weird look.

"You don't even have to brush your hair to look good," Rhea said.
"I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" Ember asked her.
"No"
"Well then, please do"

"You're jealous of me!" AJ shouted at Ember. Ember gave an icy glare to him and he moved back, whimpering like a newborn puppy.
"Guys are kind of cute when they are possessive or jealous," Meenu smirked.