Holly jolly

Chapter 4: holly jolly

Amber walked down the stairs to the basement the next morning, seeing Mike, Dustin, Lucas and El

Amber walked down the stairs to the basement the next morning, seeing Mike, Dustin, Lucas and El. Mike glared at his twin the second she came into view, still not over their small argument last night. He meant every single word.

He never understood why Amber acted the way she did - of course, he didn't understand, because he never realized what was happening when they were growing up. It was always about Mike, to the point where the only time her parents would pay attention to her was when she broke rules or was rude. She was doing it so her parents would look at her, acknowledge her, listen to her. It was a toxic relationship between parents and daughter - the outcome was that Amber was a problematic and difficult child who would do anything to get in trouble.

"What you do you want?" Mike snapped at her as he crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't want her near Eleven - she proved yesterday that she was a bad influence and got El into trouble, thats enough reason for her to stay away.

"You to stop with the attitude," Amber replies with a huff as she walks past him. The boy was getting on her nerves with his high pitched voice. Mike scrunched up his eyebrows at her response, going to argue when Dustin put a hand on his shoulder, telling him silently that it wasn't worth it.

"Hi," el speaks up to Amber, making Amber send her a glare. Eleven's smile faded. Clearly Amber believed that they were not friends. It upset her a little bit that the girl she thought was absolutely beautiful acted as if they were never friends.

"Rude," Mike snaps at her. She ignored him as she gets down on her knees and opens the cupboard door with force, beginning to look for the cassettes she hides in there, "what are you doing?"

"None of your business," Amber snaps back at him as she grabs six cassettes and starts looking at the songs inside. She nods at one of them, liking the variety that top of the pops had to offer. She grabs two of them and shoves them in her pocket before going at sitting on the couch. Mike looked over to Dustin and Lucas - his two friends seeing his annoyance.

"Amber, leave!" Mike shouts at her, "this is a discussion for party members only!"

"I gatecrashed," Amber says, shrugging as she got the two tapes out of her pocket to listen to.

"Michael, time for school!" Karen shouted from upstairs as Amber put her headphones in and lay down on the couch, listening to her music. She couldn't care less for what the boys were on about, so why would they care if she's there. Plus over her blaring headphones she couldn't hear anything.

Mike told el where to meet them and when, giving her his watch before leaving with Dustin and Lucas. Amber, who had her eyes shut, hadn't realised that they'd left - and didn't care for that matter. She knew Mike hated her, Dustin (as much as he won't admit it) is slightly intimidated by her, and Lucas thinks she's pretty but her personality ruins it.