Part Three: Eternal Love.

1 Month Later.

The gong rang through the palace silencing the peoples murmurs of curiosity. Empress Jennie Kim had announced a public ceremony in news of an announcement she wished to share with her people. The people waited with utter patience for their fair maiden.

With their attention on the large palace doors the guards slowly pulled them open. Her face was hidden by a vail as she walked, taking in the sole attention of her followers. Coming to a stop the Gong sounded once again causing a wave of full bowed as they surrendered to her. Its ringing echoed through the silence of the people.

Jennie silently motioned them to rise once again gaining their attention.

Slowly lifting her vail to reveal her fave she scans the crowd. She wanted them to be able to trust her. To prove her honesty in her promise.

"Loyal citizens of Hongdae Kingdom." Jennie adresses. "I have invited you here today to inform you of our next movements as an empire. As a member of this civilization it is in your right to know how we will proceed. I trust that you take this information in acceptance as I myself have no secrets to hide from my people. Many of you have heard word that the Prince of the East will be arriving to our state in short time." She says making many of the people gasp in fear. Mumur starts to arise as they share their worries. "Silence." Jennie raises her arm.

The crowd turns back to listen.

"You need not worry." Jennie assures. "We must believe that we are stronger than them. For if you believe that, it will become a virtue of truth within yourselves. But enough with the boring talk," she gives them a small smile earning a few laughs. "The reason I have gathered you today is that I wish to inform you that your Empress will not marry."

Immediately people start talking. How could this be? She had to marry in order to protect us from the East!

"My loyalty lies within Hongdae. I vow to protect it with my life. To serve it with integrity and to pursue with passion for what is in our best interest." Jennie silences them.

"I am married to my country. In turn, I shall serve you until eternity." she bows making her exit as the citizens cheer her on. For once they would have a leader who was in it for their best interest and not their own. A change much needed.

•••

Jennie was sitting alone in her chambers when someone came in with a dramatic slow clap. Looking up from her paper she tries to suppress her smile.

"Can I help you?" Jennie goes back to her work.

"That was quite the speech you gave out there. Very eloquent if I do say so myself." Jisoo smiles.

"Have you come here to mock me, or is there something else you've come to bother me with. A request perhaps? Based off of that deviant grin across your lips."

"Why yes indeed," Jisoo grins. "You May accompany me to the river."

"The river?" Jennie raises a brow.

"Are you hard of hearing?" Jisoo teases.

"And to what do you plan on doing down by the river?"

"Well Bathe of course." Jisoo says. "I simply wish to do so with company."

"Your request is highly inappropriate general." Jennie smiles to herself.

"My apologies." Jisoo chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing, it's just, if you don't come with me I'm sure the other seemstresses wouldn't mind joining me." Jisoo shrugs. "Or even the cute apple picker from the garden." She hums in thought.