48.Time to end this...

They didn't expect this attack at all but it doesn't mean they can't win. They were almost in a circle, fighting us from inside of it and outside. The centaur and the wolf girl seemed to have difficultys fighting but were perfectly defending one another.

???: "We can't win this, we need to retreat!"

Centaur: "Let's do it then!"

The wolf girl jumped on the centaurs back and she started running through harpies and everyone else who were attacking from behind. Only a few were attacking on the ground, most attacked from above. It was an easy escape for those two because nothing could hurt her legs and all they had to do was to defend from attacks from above. Most of them aimed at the centaurs legs but couldn't get through their barrier that was protecting her legs. They manage to run past them and escape, a few chased after them.

Knowing that your help wasn't really needed you made a portal to get ahead of the two who escaped. You stepped through the portal and got where you wanted to get. You instantly saw them coming your way, they started slowly stopping as they saw you.

The wolf girl jumped off the centaurs back and faced the other way while the centaur was running at you with full speed.

Centaur: "I hope you're ready for your death!"

[Y/n]: "We will see about that."

The centaur swings her long sword and you deflect it with your own sword as she runs past you. The few furrys that came chasing after them were now facing the wolf.

If I won't hurry she will kill them.

You aim your mini crossbow at her leg and shoot. The arrow bounces off of the barrier.

I won't defeat her like that...If this is how you want it to be...if you want a close fight, you will get one.

You rush at the centaur and strike at her, she blocks and you don't stop attacking just like she doesn't stop blocking your attacks.

Centaur: "Your fast with a sword I'll tell you that.... but still...It's not good enough!"

She blocks one more attack and tries to kick you away, you dodge it and keep attacking her with your fast attacks. Your movements become slower while she's blocking every single one of your attacks without breaking a sweat.

Centaur: "Tell me when your done." *yawn*

You strike her from above using a bit of your energy this time. She seemed to be struggling from that attack.

Centaur: "You were holding back? And tired yourself out, I thought you would be smarter than to do that."

[Y/n]: "I was just warming up!"

Before you could attack using your energy again she quickly tried to stab you through your head. You moved out of the way and when you looked back at the centaur you could see a smile on her face. You started to feel a small pain on your cheek. You put your hand on your cheek and then look at your hand, there was blood on it.

So, you can strike fast yourself huh? For a second I thought that you were only good at defending, though on second thought she isn't very good at that either. If I use small amounts of energy, she starts to have difficultys... maybe that's her weakness.

You swing your sword from the side aiming at her legs and using energy again. The barrier broke the second your sword touched it but you couldn't wound her because another weapon stopped it. You knew whose weapon it was.

She finished them already!?

You turned your head to where the wolf girl was fighting before and saw one of the guards flying back with two others in hand and a few laying dead on the ground.

So she let them escape by saving her friend. Now I really need to be careful.

You notice movement in front from the centaur, she raised her weapon and swung it down. You blocked it but now you were unable to defend yourself and surely you felt a kick in to your ribs. The wolf girl was preparing another kick but you couldn't let that happen. You gripped your sword and white flames enveloped it. You used your strength to try and push her back but something else happened, you went through her long sword and almost hit her face as wolf girl stopped it again with her own weapon.

You jumped back preparing for another attack. But was shocked, just like them. The top half of the centaurs long sword was on the ground.

Centaur: "Now I see why you are a feared enemy among werewolfs and others."

The wolf girl leaned in and whispered something into the centaurs ear. After the wolf girl finished whatever she was saying the centaur turned to you and then looked back at her friend.

Centaur: "Good luck."

The centaur turns around and starts running out of the village.

???: "It's only you and me now, come... let us see who is better."

She can use magic to move around her weapon and at the same time she should be able to attack me with her fists and kicks. Two things to watch out for already, she might have some abilitys too. If I run at her blindly like I did with the centaur I will lose this fight.

???: "If you don't want to attack first, I will."

Here she comes...

Her weapon moves to the other side, making it look like it's 2 against 1. You run to attack her weapon first and hit it as hard as you can, then you turn around while swinging your sword at her. She stops your sword with her palms and in the corner of your eye you saw that her weapon was about to cut your head off. You leaned in closer to her as her weapon missed by an inch. Your faces were so close that you could almost kiss her, a small blush appeared on her cheeks but you could see a hint of resistance in her eyes. You pushed her away taking your sword with you and dodging another attack from her, as her weapon came back in to her hands.

???: "I see now what they ment..."

[Y/n]: "What are you talking about?"

???: "You don't need to concern yourself with it, but our time is up."

She was looking behind you, so you turned around and saw your friends coming here with a huge army following them.
.
.
.