49.Unknown enemy

As your friends were getting closer, you could tell that no one was hurt.
You smiled but your smile vanished as you heard screams and felt the ground shake. In seconds you could see the enemy running this way, but they were running from something. A few loud steps were heard from outside the village and then you could see it. It was a huge dark shadow figure with a huge mace in its hands.

Everyone that you should have fought right now just ran past you. The centaur stopped near the wolf girl.

Centaur: "We shouldn't be doing this but it might be the only way to win against that thing."

???: "What?! So you're saying that we're weak?"

Centaur: "Im not saying that we're weak, but we can't defeat it alone. We could leave it for them, but if they lose it'll probably come after us."

You could hear that the shadow figure destroyed the barrier and the wall in the background. You felt a weak wind blow in to the back of your neck and turned around, Catherine was standing there...waiting for what is going to happen next.

You turn back to the other two.

Catherine: "You should hurry and make a decision already."

???: "You really want this, don't you..."

Catherine: "The more we have the better."

Both of the girls kneel down and lower their heads.

???: "Queen Catherine, we want you t-"

Catherine: "I'll stop you here~"

The shadow figure was slowly getting closer.

???: "Why?"

Catherine: "Because I'm not the one you should be asking for it."

The 2 girls turned to you now and lowered their heads again as all of the others finally got here.

???: "Hero [y/n], we want you to forgive us for what we have done in the past and accept our temporary alliance."

[Y/n]: "I'm not sure that they can forgive you for what all of you did to them, and all of the others who fought for your cause and died for you but I accept this temporary alliance."

A white paper appeared in front of both of you. Catherine came from behind you and took your hand in to hers.

Catherine: "This will hurt a little."

She showed you the blade in her hand and then turned your palm upwards. She used the blade to leave a small cut in your hand, it stung a little. She handed the blade to one of the guards and started to move your hand towards the paper with your palm facing it now. When your hand was on it, it absorbed all of the blood from your hand. Catherine pulled your hand away from the paper and started healing it. The whole paper was red now and in seconds the paper burned away. The wolf girl has finished already and was waiting for you.

Catherine: "Now that that's done... everyone! Prepare for battle!"

Maria and Amelia flew up, half of everyone who could fly followed them. The big shadow figure stopped and looked down right at you. You could feel the negative energy coming out of it but so did everyone. The shadow figure raised it's mace and swung it down right at you. Everyone moves out of the way and you quickly open a portal and move through it. You appeared behind that thing. The mace hits the ground and just destroys the buildings leaving a huge pit in the ground.

You notice a harpie flying towards you, it was Fortune. When she gets close enough you ask...

[Y/n]: "How do you think we can defeat this thing?"

Fortune: "I don't know~ nobody has fought it before but I'm sure that you will come up with a plan~"

[Y/n]: "I'll try."

Everyone starts to attack the shadow figure.

I might as well join in.

Fortune: "Always ready for battle huh? Well why don't I help you then~"

She extends her hand and you take it. She flies up while holding you close to her. The shadow figure stomps the ground sending most of the others flying, then moves its hands to try and catch someone in the air. It caught a few and instantly crushed them in its hand. Fortune gets you above the creature and lands you on his shoulder.

[Y/n]: "Thanks."

Fortune: "Don't die."

After saying that she flies away. You could tell that the creature saw you with the corner of its red eye. It stopped trying to catch the ones who are flying and was now moving its hand towards you, to crush you. You run to the other shoulder, with your speed you didn't have problems getting there fast.

A lot of harpies, vampires and dragon furrys were in the sky attacking the shadow figures head. Some were aiming at its eyes but it didn't work.
No one familiar was insight, so you had to ask someone else for help.

[Y/n]: "Hey!"

A few harpies turn to you and you motion for one of them to get closer. When she did you had no time to explain what you're about to do as the shadow was moving its other hand towards you. You jump at her and she catches you and moves out of the way, as the shadow misses again.

Harpie: "What do you need hero?"

[Y/n]: "I want you to throw me at the eye of this creature."

Harpie: "Got it."

She flies up and then throws you right at the eye of the shadow creature. Your sword envelopes in flames at the last second as you stab the creature right in the eye. It screams in agony as you jump off and the same harpie catches you again.

[Y/n]: "Thanks."

Harpie: "No problem."

For a second the half of the black shadow turned white and at that moment, you could swear that you saw someone inside it...
.
.
.