8.

"Date? As in, Camila and I?" Lauren exclaimed.

Camila was pacing around the room nervously. She did that quite often, so often, that Lauren sometimes thought about buying her one of those hamster wheels. Although it wouldn't surprise her if she already had one. You don't get an ass like that by sitting on it.

"Fake dating?" Camila exclaimed, flailing her arms around the room like some kind of strange octopus. "I thought that was something people only did in bad fanfiction!"

Lauren laughs at that, because of course the big nerd reads fanfiction. Camila takes Lauren's laughter as an insult and looks at her angrily. "And no offense, but how in the world am I going to date Lauren?"

"You're an actress Camila, I think you'll be fine faking your attraction to Lauren," Ally tries to reason with her, but knows very well her attempts will be futile. She's never met two people who try so hard to dislike each other.

"I can't act that well Ally!" Camila exclaimed whilst gesturing to Lauren wildly. Lauren would be lying if she said she wasn't a little hurt by Camila's words, but she mostly agreed with the girl at this point, because she absolutely couldn't date Camila either.

She tried to take a calmer approach, though. "Ally, we all know this is the most terrible idea ever. How do you think this is going to end? Camila and I can't even be in a room for five seconds without trying to kill each other violently."

Camila just nodded. "Exactly! I already have the perfect plan for Lauren's death!"

"Wait, what?" Lauren looked up.

"Just kidding," Camila laughed nervously. "Obviously."

Lauren wasn't sure if Camila was kidding, so she slowly took a couple of steps aside as Camila continued her nervous rant. "Ally, please? I actually like a girl for the first time in years," she pleaded.

Ally ran her hands through her hair nervously. "I know, I know. Believe me, this wasn't my idea either. I've tried everything, but the network really has their minds set on it."

"Jauregui, since when do you not talk? I always try to get you to not talk," Camila asks, still walking around the place like an encaged bunny on coke.

"I'm just trying to think, Cabello!" Lauren exclaims, getting increasingly frustrated by Camila's nervous pacing.

"Oh wow, impressive. Don't hurt yourself," Camila sarcastically remarks. "Are you seriously considering this?"

Lauren sighs, closing her eyes in concentration as she runs her hands through her hair. "Is there a way out of this Ally?"

The two girls both look at Ally hopefully. The tiny girl just looks a little sad. "I'm sorry girls, I've tried pulling all the strings I could possibly pull."

Before Camila could protest again, Lauren decided to speak up, clearly the calmer one of two. "Okay, thanks Ally. How long do we have?"

"The season only airs in six months, so they'd like you to start "dating" in about a month or maybe two," Ally explains using air quotes as she says the word dating.

Camila finally stops pacing and sits down with such a big sigh, Lauren wonders how there's still any air left in the small girl. She probably keeps it all in her ass. "Can I please tell Hailee, though?" Camily says, interrupting Lauren's thoughts.

"Yes, absolutely. Of course Camila," Ally easily agrees. She understands this is about the last thing the two actresses want to do in their spare time.

"So, like, what do they want us to do? Like, are there rules?" Lauren asks shyly, scratching the back of her neck. Something Camila would find cute if she didn't think the green eyed girl was the human embodiment of Monday.