15.2 Revelation

In a room lighted by the moon, a family of three is sleeping in a three-man position. The youngest, a child that just earned his adult body structure, is sleeping on the edge of the bed hugging the arms of his beloved mother. The child is snoring very loudly with a bubble inflating on his nose. He is munching the fabric of his mother's sleeve while muttering gibberish on his sleep.

The man on the middle, the transmigrator of the group, is also sleeping soundly. But unlike the son who made a five-star eagle spread position, he was sleeping in a straight position. Well, he has no choice but to remain on that place. He was always in the middle so his body is forced to adapt on the position on the people on his sides. Though, he is really comfortable with his sleep.

Lastly, the master of the group, the emperor. This person also has a relaxed position. Like the royal man he is, his posture in sleeping is truly great and elegant. None of the external forces could destroy his good sleeping posture and even the destroyer son can't disturb his greatness. Though, there are a few changes with his sleeping posture since he got married with his wife.

Yu XueQin would always have his one hand touching the Empress.

If only they are alone in this room, Yu XueQin will not hesitate to pull the youth on his embrace. He would place the younger man on his chest, make him lie on his arms, and snuggle on his warm head. Lang Yuan is always attracted to warm objects so it is already expected that the youth will return the embrace. Lang Yuan would stick on him very tight.

But this night seems to be a bit different.

They are still on their usual positions but there was something unsettling on the air.

The wind blew pass to the open curtain visiting the settlers with a cold whisper. The curtain danced with the wind, swaying in a soft manner. The swaying lasted for a few seconds before the cooling wind is gone, letting go of the curtain that cascaded before settling down. The room returned to its original state.

Yu XueQin opened his eyes.

On the corner of the room where no eyes will look still, a presence of another person could be felt. However, this person's intention is not to harm the sleeping people inside. If he would plan to disturb the peaceful setting, he should have the power to endure the emperor's strength. Fortunately, the person is just here to perform a duty and is currently out of harm's way.

Yu XueQin sat up directly. It almost looked like he is a robot from the modern time being activated under a command. Though, he carefully kept his movements small as to not to wake up the sleeping person beside him. His emotions were gentle and soft when he was facing the sleeping face of the Empress, but his eyes suddenly went gone cold when he swiftly turned his head to look at the guest.

One shadow guard received the cold gaze. By just that one look, he could almost feel the surroundings dropped colder with a force that pressured him down. He has been serving the emperor for the thousands of years but that cold glare would never cease to oppress him. He lowered his head to at least lessen the heavy weight on his shoulder as he slightly shivered.

The rules of the emperor have been clearer to the shadow guards than to his other subordinates. That is, the shadow guards had known more law including the emperor's personal restriction when it comes to his majesty's well-being.

Yu XueQin had told them long ago that nobody should enter his room without his permission or dare to disturb his sleep unless it is something very important. It means that the appearance of the shadow guard inside the room meant that it met the standard of being 'important'. If it is not grave enough to seek the emperor's attention, then the punishment of the shadow guard that violated the law will never be shallow.