Book 1 ~ Chapter 12

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After Korra's unsupervised decision to join the task force, I had to join as well. I did say that I would only join if Korra does. It was actually a good distraction. I haven't seen Mako since the Gala, and would like to keep it that way until I have no other choice but to see him. Tarlock was explaining the plan of action. Once he was done, the task force traveled to a nearby training camp for equalists. I got out of the truck and squatted next to Korra, as we looked through the windows. There were people training to chi block. On the signal, we released water into the windows, and the water benders immediately frozed it, freezing a few equalists. I slid down the ice, along with the earth benders. The earth benders knocked out a few equalists, but one of them caught my eye. He escaped through the other door.

"Korra!" I shouted, pointed at the escaping equalist.

She ran after him, and I ran after her. Korra was being attacked by the equalist. I shot a fire punch at him, and cause him to hit the wall. Then, water froze him to the wall. I looked behind me and saw Tarlock.

"We make a good team, don't we?" Tarlock said, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," Korra said blankly.

At the end of the mission, we captured the equalists. Pictures were taken of us, and were printed on the front page of the newspaper the next day.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

I was reading the morning newspaper and saw Korra and Lei on the front page. They captured more equalists. I'm proud of them, as long as they don't get hurt. I haven't spoken to Lei since the night on the balcony. I don't know what came over me, that night. I smiled at the memory of Lei, she was amazing and stunning. I felt bad when Chief Beifong insulted her. I wanted to kiss her but I'm with Asami. But then I wonder, would she like me?

"No Korra and Lei for practice again?" Bolin asked.

"Doesn't look like it," Mako sighed.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

"Are you out of your mind?!" I shouted at Korra.

Korra and I just came back from a press conference, when she announced that she wants to have a one on one battle with Amon. Korra was boarding the boat, on her way to the Avatar statue. Tarlock and Tenzin came beside me.

"Korra, you don't need to do this," Tenzin pleaded.

"Korra, please," I pleaded.

"Don't try and stop me, I have to face him alone," Korra said sternly.

"This is all your doing," Tenzin blamed. I glared at Tarlock.

"I tried talking her out of it," Tarlock defended.

Korra made her way there using her waterbending.

"If anything goes wrong, I have fleets of ships positioned right outside the island," Tarlock said.

"Well, Let's hope nothing goes wrong," I said.

The clock stroke 12:00, that means Amon would be here soon. I boarded the boat and was waiting with Tenzin, Tarlock, and his task force. We waited it out for hours. With every passing second, I became worried. What if they take Korra's bending?

"I'm getting worried, Tenzin," I said.

"We have to wait," Tenzin said.

"I'm not waiting anymore," I said, and got off the boat.

I ran up the stairs of the temple, and when I made my way to the top, I saw something at the end of the hall. It was Korra, she was laying on the ground. I shouted for Tenzin, and he was running up the stairs. I ran up to her to check on her.

"Korra!" I shouted at her form.

"Korra! Are you alright? Was Amon here?" Tenzin asked concerned.

"He ambushed me," Korra said softly.

"Did he take away your bending?" Tenzin asked.

"No," Korra said softly.

"Oh, thank goodness," Tenzin said relieved.

Korra started sobbing, and I immediately hugged her.

"I was so worried about you," I said softly as I held her in my arms.

"I was so terrified, I felt so helpess," Korra cried. I soothed her head to calm her down.

"It's alright, the nightmare is over," Tenzin said.

"You were right, Tenzin, I've been scared this whole time, I've never felt like this before, and I don't know what to do," Korra cried.

"Admitting your fears, is the first and most difficult step," Tenzin said.

Admitting your fears.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.