Lesson Thirty-Eight

Lesson Thirty-Eight - Stop Acting Like You Live Twice.

Throwing my keys at Richard as I stormed up the steps to my house he caught them perfectly. Not even surprised at all to see me pushing my way past everyone to find my twin brother.

He had told me that he would met me back at the house and that everyone was already here. I didn't know what that meant but I didn't care. My mom was missing and that was the only thought that kept running through my head. I wondered if this was how she felt when I was kidnapped.

Me and mother might have our differences but I didn't hate her. I would do anything to keep her safe she was family at the end of the day. For family you would do anything. They didn't always need to be blood related. Jake and Sky were included in that statement as well.

Walking into the living room I seen my brother standing there but he wasn't alone. He wasn't joking when he said everyone was here.

The one that stood out the most though was Xavier Kennedy, Riker's father and my mother new husband. He was standing there like he ruled the world and maybe he did for all I knew. I did know one thing though, in this house I made the rules.

"If it isn't Lyra." My name came out smoothly from the man. To anyone else it might have made them fear what was going through his head. To me though, it just pissed me off.

"That's my name being a bitch is my game." I narrowed my eyes at him before speaking again. "What are you doing in my house?"

"I was just speaking with your brother and dad about what to do next."

I noticed that he was wearing a suit that would cost probably more than 10,000. Probably pocket money to a man like him. No one really knew how much he was worth. Riker had claimed we made more 'clean' money but that doesn't mean they don't make more.

"What we need to do is find out who took her. Your father and me are talking about it as we speak we have our best people on the case." I don't understand how he was speaking so calmly. Almost like this was a every week occasion. I couldn't believe I was saying this but my mother could do a lot better than him.

For the first time though I turned to look at my father. There was worry written on his features but I could see he did his best to cover it. It made my features softened, I wondered if this is what he was like when I was taken. 

"Lyra." Snapping my attention to Riker, he nodded to the side telling me he wanted to talk in private. I looked back at my dad to make sure he was ok with Xavier before turning and walking behind Riker.

"Where were you?"

I looked at him confused what has that got to do with him. "Out why?"

He was studying me trying to work something out. "Your mom told me earlier she was going to met you."

I stood up straighter, there was something wrong with this situation. "I haven't talked to her since the interview."

My mind started to go into overdrive. It was probably the same person that texted her pretending to be my brother. I was at Zane's place and I could tell he was telling me the truth when he said he had nothing to do with it. I knew the person that traced the phone though wasn't wrong. I trusted Ben with that stuff, he was the best at what he did. The person that was responsible for all this was under Zane's roof.

Riker must have noticed me being lost in my own thoughts because he called me out on it.

"You know something don't you?"

Looking up to him I seen a dark look at come over his features. His personality doing a complete 180 from the one I was used too. This was the Riker that his Mafia seen. He didn't scare me though. I wasn't one of his little bitches.