[11] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 3

~Ch.11: Exposing Kuro's Plan! Preparing for the Oncoming Battle!~

After putting all the pieces of Kuro's plan together, we rush to warn the others. As we all pass by the town, everything goes into slow motion as Usopp runs by while being chased by an angry mob of villagers. The look on the young man's face was one of immense distraught and he looks as though he's ready to break out into tears.

💥What the hell was that all about?!💥 Trigger shouts.

"We've obviously missed some things while we were away. The sooner we find the others, the sooner we get answers." I say as I pull to the side of the road near a small puddle under a tree and assume an Indian-style sitting position. "Better hurry up and find everyone. I've got a really bad feeling of what's yet to come." I place a hand over my eye and then palm down on the puddle next to me. "Aqua Reflect." 

This ability allows me to see through any body of water to see an event as if I have a front row seat

This ability allows me to see through any body of water to see an event as if I have a front row seat. From the tiniest puddle to the ocean itself. If something's happening on or near water, I'll know about it. After much searching, I find Luffy with his head stuck in the ground, butt in the air, near a sloped path, bordered by high cliffs, similar to the one we all took to enter the village. I shut off my Aqua Reflect and the ocean-blue recedes until it only lines the outer rim of my eye, reverting it back to its mostly (Eye Color) color.

"Luffy, what have you gone and done to yourself now?" I mutter.

🌀What? What is it? Is he hurt?🌀 Ahio asks quickly.

"He's fine. Just unconscious from what I can tell. So, we've gotta go down there and wake him up." I answer.

🏴‍☠️️☠🏴‍☠️️

We finally make it to Luffy's unconscious form and see Zoro, Nami, and Usopp's young friends surrounding him.

Nami gasps at the scene. "Luffy, what did you do?! How did this happen?!" She cries.

"He fell."

"He's a goner."

"So that's why our captain looked so upset!" The Usopp pirates voice their opinions.

"Not quite." They all turn to face me. I make my way further down the slope to stand just before Luffy's body. "Listen closely." I instruct.

Zoro is the first to catch the quiet noise Luffy is letting out. Snoring. He chuckles. "Lazy bum."

"You have no idea." I snicker.

Zoro gives him a few taps, but he doesn't budge. So, I decide to give it a whirl. I reach into my bag and pull out a nicely wrapped, freshly cooked, meat hunk on a bone.

 I reach into my bag and pull out a nicely wrapped, freshly cooked, meat hunk on a bone