[15] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 7

️Ch.15: The Real Fight Begins! Usopp's More Brave Than Everyone Else Here!🏴️️

All eyes lie on Kuro's body. Not a sound or movement coming from the man knocked on his back. His crew still at the bottom of the slope shouting about Luffy's rubber ability. Some of them were quite laughable.

"What was that?!"

"It's sorcery!"

"He's a freak!"

"A magical freak!"

"He sent Captain Kuro flying!"

Through my enhanced sight, I see Kuro's glasses were cracked, hanging at an angle on his face and a murderous scowl aimed right at Luffy and I.

Luffy cracks his fingers one at a time, awaiting the incoming fight. He knows just as well as I do that Kuro's not going to be down for long. I ready both hands on my sword baton at the backside of my waist. I could beat him with powers, but I don't want to reveal all my tricks this early in my official journey.

And just out of nowhere, Carrot, Pepper, and Onion burst forward and beat Kuro in the head with their assortment of makeshift weapons. "THE USOPP PIRATES HAVE ARRIVED!"

"No, don't!" Usopp yells too late.

"Stay away!" Kaya screams. But the kids continue to beat Kuro with their weapons, each of them yelling out a different remark.

"No! Stop it!" Usopp continues to yell to try and get the kids away from the bloodthirsty killer.

"Those rugrats have a death wish." Zoro comments.

"You don't know what you're doing. Stop. Stop!" The kids eventually stop, panting as they stand before a battered faced Kuro.

"Alright, this time we'll let you off without any more brutality. This time." Pepper growls.

"Now those stupid kids have really done it. Captain Kuro is going to be so mad!" Jango exclaims. "Those dummy brats!"

The trio then runs to their wounded captain, angry because he went and fought for the island without telling them and in awe that he was brave enough to fight in the first place. But while conversing with Usopp Kuro gets to his feet, pushing up his broken glasses only to have the remaining glass of the lenses shatter and fall from the frames. I place myself between Kuro and the children since they are too horrified to do anything but scream, rather than run away.

"You idiots! Don't scream, run!" Usopp shouts.

My glare meets Kuro's as I take a fighting stance to protect the three young boys. But Kuro merely passes us by as if we pose no threat to him. Turns out his target wasn't the kids, but a certain long-nosed young man. Kuro delivers a swift kick to Usopp's gut, knocking him a little ways down the slope.

"Captain!" The Usopp Pirates shout as Usopp lays on his side.

"That hurt." Kuro declares, his steely gaze aimed at Luffy. "My, my that's quite a strange technique you've developed there." He then turns to me. "And you, young lady, no one has ever been able to get the drop on me before. Quite impressive." He once again faces Luffy. "Tell me something: Do you have powers from eating the Devil Fruit?" He questions.

"Yep, I'm a rubber man." Answers Luffy with a smirk.

The Black Cat Pirates start to freak out again.

"He ate a Devil Fruit!"

"That guy's dangerous!"

"Those Devil Fruit people are real!"