[17] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 9

🏴‍☠‍️Ch. 17: The Explosion of Our Rage! How This Battle Ends!🏴️️

The deathly silence lasts only for a few seconds, no slashing or screams could be heard in those few moments. Not until an unidentifiable sound echoes off the cliff walls of the slope. Kuro appears in front of us and Luffy and I bend out of the way, avoiding the slice. Kuro just smirks and lets out a chuckle just before vanishing once more in the blink of an eye and reappearing again behind us. His blades clinking together as he turns to face us.

"Aren't you tired?" Luffy asks him as we all face each other now. "I bet you are after all that dancing around you've been doing."

I snicker at how my captain is able to make fun of his enemies, even with serious wounds covering his body.

"Don't get cocky." Kuro demands with a smirk plastered on his face. He reaches up and pushes his glasses back into place with both hands. "This was simply a warm up. The real fight begins now." Kuro continues before lowering his hands. "Soon I will be feasting on your fear, complemented by the sweet wine of your agony."

"And just when I thought you couldn't get any more sick and twisted." I comment.

Kuro hangs his head, ready to go into another attack. "Now . . .OUT-OF-THE-BAG ATTACK!" He yells swaying a few times, then vanishing.

"We need to finish this quickly, Lu. Neither of us can stand in this fight much longer with our wounds." I advise. "Try to get ahold of him again, but this time make sure he can't get away."

"Right." He answers.

Sou I'm nekkara no dreamer takanaru hougaku e

Asu wo fusagu konnan? Nozomu tokoro da (Yes, I'm a born dreamer, go to where my heart gets excited

The obstacle blocking tomorrow?! Bring it on)

Kuro was literally everywhere in a few milliseconds. But with Luffy and I working together, we'd take of everything that comes our way.

Ey Yo! Dokkara demo kakatte ki na! Mr.Pain

Nandai nanza buttagiru Nonstop de

Makeru ki nado nai (Ey Yo! Come at me from anywhere! Mr.PAIN

I'll slash all the difficult problems Non Stop

I refuse to lose)

Though a normal person can't see Kuro when he's using this attack, I can manage to keep up and Luffy, though lacking Haki, uses his own instincts to sense which direction he comes from. Luffy stretches his arms up the slope. One arm misses, the other is able to grab Kuro by the ankle and throw him off balance, leaving a billowing cloud of grey smoke to go up.

Raise a flag!

Kizudarake ni nattatte

Raise a flag!

Tomo ni tatakau tomo ga iru yo ((Raise a flag!)

Even if I get hurt

(Raise a flag!)

I have comrades to fight together with)

"That got him. Now let me in on the fun." I smirk and aim my raised hands at Kuro. "Water Chains!" Two, long jets of water shoot out from my hands and wrap themselves around Kuro, taking the form of chains, binding his arms to his sides. "Luffy! It's all on you now!"