chapter 20

talia
3:41pm
we walked into another store as i held four shopping bags, katherine was too sweet. she treated me like her own.
"any updates on molly or laura?" i asked.
"laura is getting married and the invites are going out soon."
"i didn't know, jack hasn't mentioned anything in the family."
"his time is mainly dedicated to you, he loves you a lot lia." she reassured me.

she grabbed a dress that looked stunning but something i could never pull off, "try this on." she smiled, waiting for me to grab it.
"katherine, i really can't."
"come on, you'll look beautiful." she grabbed the bags out of my hands and handed me the beautiful dress.

i walked into a dressing room and slipped it on after removing my other clothes. it was a perfect fit, it was beautiful and flowly. the soft peach pink, complimented my features. i walked out with it and katherine looked mesmerized.
"you have to get this lia." she adored.
"no, i don't really have to."
"i'll check the price tag." i turned around and moved my hair out of the way.
"149!" katherine cheered.
"149? i really can't afford it."
"no worries lia, i'll pay for it and you can wear it to laura's wedding."
"katherine you don't have to."
"i insist, you look really beautiful."

4:33pm
she pulled up to jacks house and i felt my throat closing up.
"talk to him lia, he truly does love you."
"i don't know what to do."
"trust me he's my son."
"okay, bye katherine thank you for everything." i smiled
"bye lia, i love you and don't forget to talk to jack. it helps your relationship." she smiled.

i walked up to the front door and unlocked it, the house seemed empty. i closed the door behind me and went upstairs to jack's room. i put my bags down and opened his bedroom door. he was in the bed, snoring away. i guess he was tired from work, i put my bags down and changed into some shorts. i heard him toss and turn in the bed behind me, i went into the bathroom and removed my makeup.
"tali." he groaned still half asleep.

i peeked my head out of the bathroom door and  he was sitting up. i threw my makeup wipe into the trash and went back to the side of his bed. i sat down and he looked really sad when our eyes locked again.
"where'd you get all the bags? you went shopping baby?" he sounded sleepy.
"your mom decided to spoil me and i insisted her to not spend a dime on me. i love your mom."
"she loves you tali, she thinks of you like her own daughter of course she'd do that for you." he wrapped his arms around my waist then held onto me as we fell back into the bed.

"can i tell you something?"
"yes, tali?"
"i'm sorry for acting so weird. johnson kissed me when we were talking and i promised i didn't kiss him back. i was just scared of what you were going to say." i had lied.
"i'm not mad, you just seemed like you were hiding something. i'm sorry for believing the things aubrey said. i knew they weren't true." he pecked my lips.
"why does this always happen?"
"what."
"we argue then we forgive each other and forget it ever happened."

his eyes softened, he knew it was true. he stayed silent and i didn't want to say anything. i didn't want to argue with him anymore, i could risk losing him. he pulled me on top of him so i was straddling his waist. he grinned, this dude is always in the mood. he gripped my waist moving my hips against his. he groaned and pressed his lips onto mine.

"we didn't get to finish earlier." he whispered.
"what are you gonna do?"
"baby, i'm gonna do a lot to you." he flipped us over so he was on top of me. i could feel his warm breathe on my neck, he pulled his shirt off and ran his fingers down my still-clothed body. he pulled my shirt up and kissed right under my bra, trailing his kisses down. i gripped his hair to make him stop teasing.

"jack." i groaned.
"yes princess." he said leaving a kiss right at the top of my jeans.
"stop teasing." i said as he unbuttoned my jeans.
"oh princess-"
"is this your room? oh shit." the voice was familiar.

jack immediately jumped onto me hiding me from whoever was at the bedroom door, i heard a big sigh and i looked over. it was sammy, i buttoned my jeans and pushed jack off of me. i walked past sammy and our shoulders touched but i shoved him more than just touching shoulders. jack followed me, pulling his shirt on.

when we got to the bottom step, he grew angry. johnson was standing there, his eyes softened when they met mine. jack walked up to him, i was afraid he was going to hurt him.

"you kissed her." he growled.
"i was caught up in the moment."
"you still kissed her!"
"that doesn't mean anything!"
"she's my girlfriend!"
jack grabbed him by his collar.
"then ask her why she kissed back!"
jack was taken aback, he let go of johnson's collar. he turned to me with glossy eyes, his face was full of hurt. he couldn't say anything, i couldn't either.

"let's go." i heard behind me and sammy grabbed my arm as he walked past. i didn't want to fight so i followed, i turned and shook my head looking at jack. my eyes beginning to be glossy, i looked at him for as long as i could before we walked out the front door.