Chapter Three

Goro was still asleep. He slept the entire day.

   Akira sat at the desk around nightfall, humming a song to himself as he cleaned eyeliner from his face. He didn't want to disturb Goro, so he decided to sleep on the small couch until he awoke. Morgana, however, was a little unhappy with the situation.

   "I still don't know how you managed to find Akechi like that. Or even how he's alive!"

   "Believe me, I'm just as baffled as you." Akira said, not looking away from his hand mirror.

   "What's gonna happen if he wakes up? We'll be safe right?"

   "Of course. And what do you mean if? He will wake up, I'm sure of it,"

   Morgana hopped up on the desk and sat so he could see Akira's face better, a skeptical look in his eye.

   "Let me remind you we don't know how any of this is possible. What if Akechi isn't alright in the head?" He said sternly.

   Akira opened his mouth to protest but stopped himself. He finished cleaning the last bits of eyeliner and set the mirror and cloth down, speaking calmly.

   "Let me remind you... had Goro not done what he did in Shido's Palace... we'd all probably be dead..."

   "Yeah, yeah, you got me there."

   Morgana rolled his eyes and leaped from the desk to the floor, heading for the stairs.

   "Where you going, I set out a pillow for you." Akira said.

   "I'm sleeping in the café, the chairs are comfy down there. Now to bed with you!"

   Akira rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue. I must be the only guy in the world that's nagged by a cat, he thought. Akira got up from the desk and turned the lights off. Before he settled to sleep, he looked at Goro with a sad look. Akira sat on his knees at the bedside to listen for a heartbeat again.

    Quiet... but there.

    With a sigh, Akira put his forehead to the sleeping boy's forehead one more time.

   "Please wake up soon..."

   Akira laid on the couch, his eyes remaining on Goro until he fell asleep.

————

    The sun was bright and hot here, but it gave the perfect amount of warmth. The sand was really soft too and it didn't stick to your skin like regular sand.

   "Uh-oh, back again."

   Akira laughed to himself as he sat up, stretching his arms and sighing. He stood and twirled around, the blue, silk shirt and shorts he wore fluttered like wings.

   "These feel new, who made this?" Akira marveled at the comfy clothes. "I love them, thanks!" He called to no one in particular.

    Hearing a pleasant sound on an ukulele, Akira hummed to himself and twirled down the beach with waves lapping at his feet and a gentle breeze blowing past his hair and into the palm trees. He smiled and let out a happy sigh. Akira loved this place.

   "Good to see you're having fun." A disembodied voice spoke up. Akira pouted.

   "Now whaaaat?"

   "I hope you know you'll have to get serious at some point."

   "I know that!" Akira picked up a conch shell and brought it to his ear. "Let me have my fun while I can! I don't wanna think about anything else!"