Chapter 25

Izuku had a really fun day today with Kacchan, but it's about time that he went back home.

The way back home is probably a bit creepy for anyone else who hasn't been in these parts, probably one look at it and you'll see it immediately as one of those shady parts of town. The streetlights flicker every now and then, Izuku's sure if he strains his ears enough, he'll hear someone scream. Izuku's really happy with his quirk for this reason, it saved him so much before, you'll find it surprising how many people seems to want to shove things in your mouth either drugs or... other things.

He gets home, he calls out cheerfully that he's back although as usual, no one replies. He flicks the light switch open and he's met with the usual sight, broken furniture, broken bottles and unbroken bottles, cigar butts on the floor and syringes, it reeked of alcohol and tobacco but it's something he's used to.

He carefully makes his way back to his room, careful not to touch anything lest he get punished for it, he settles himself on his bed that's probably a bit too hard to be considered a bed, a bit too small too. Ever since they moved out after UA when his father stopped making calls to them or sending any money, they had to make do. His mom hasn't paid yet for the air conditioning in his room to be fixed, or the heater, it's always extremely hot in his room or extremely cold but it's not that bad.

A few moments later, his mother screams at him to get the fuck out of his room, of course he complies, as usual there's some weird looking people on their living room, carrying some paper bags, Izuku knows what to do. It's... It's not the most legal thing to do and he doesn't like doing it, knowing how many lives he can ruin just by eating these things but it's what pays the bills and makes his mother happy.

Even if all she buys is cigarettes, alcohol and drugs yet hasn't paid for the conditioning of his room in the slightest bit, it makes her happy. That's... enough for him.

He quickly chomps through everything, he knows these people ever since he was a kid, they come out to talk to him a bit and quickly slides him a stack of cash knowing that his mother doesn't give him anything of what they pay, he's really grateful for them, he probably would only be eating trash and garbage if it weren't for them.

Izuku tries to make his way back to his room if it weren't for his mother blocking the way, she looked a bit... uh, ragged, she probably took something again, she started screaming at him to give up being a hero, how he's only useful for his mouth, stuff like that, his mother wasn't the best but way back then he wasn't like this, for that reason, he doesn't like his father very much, if he hasn't left them she probably wouldn't have ended up like this.

The lecture ends with her screaming that he's a monster after she breaks a bottle on his head, it doesn't hurt, so it doesn't bug Izuku as much although he's a bit sad that his mother thinks of him that way. He finally gets into his room and sleeps on his tiny bed with his blankets only every reaching up to cover half of him despite the cold.

He's used to it. He's a mini crematorium, he can handle a little bit of cold.

He has a nice dream about Katsuki that night, so Izuku already feels better when he wakes up. Although he ends up on the floor when he wakes up // he wonders why he bothers even sleeping on his bed when he knows he'll end up on the floor anyways, there's shards and bits of broken glass on the floor but thankfully they don't scratch him anymore.

He can't wait to get back to school, it's nice and warm there and he has a lot of nice friends there too, everything is definitely much much nicer there than it is here.

He goes to take a shower, the water is extremely cold, he makes sure not to use too much water, soaping everything down first before he opens the shower again, then he scrubs his hair and stuff, maybe try to get the bits and pieces of glass off his hair too, that'd be nice.