08. RISK AND REWARD

GOY
CHAPTER EIGHT: RISK AND REWARD

"my head hurts," aurora grumbled, pushing her face onto stiles' bicep

"my head hurts," aurora grumbled, pushing her face onto stiles' bicep. the little angel whined quietly from her seat on the table, welcoming the warmth from her lanky boyfriend who stood beside her.

"you know i have absolutely no sympathy for you right now." the raven haired boy shot back, rolling his eyes at the thought of aurora's previous actions from the night before. of course, he was lying. his heart ached at the sight of her puppy eyes and wobbling lip. no matter how stupid she'd been; her health and safety came first.

"what you did was pretty illegal-"

stiles cut lydia off; "oh, as if you've never done it miss perfect."

aurora smiled silently, loving that despite stiles being angry at her he would always do anything to protect her. lydia's eyebrows raised as far as they could go. the ginger girl opened her mouth to retaliate, but her breath was cut short by derek, who insisted that alison and lydia show him their matching bruises.

like always, it led to derek's pessimistic phrase, "I don't see anything."

aurora grumbled, leaning back on stiles' arm while he payed attention to what the four were saying. her tiny hands found his large ones and fiddled silently, unconciously warming stiles' heart. her own heart fluttered when her boyfriend started to speak, "okay, alright now, come on. no one died. look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling. but no death." ultimately the blonde girl was very lost, finally now listening to the conversation. "that's what I call an important distinction."

"my mother died." alison deadpanned.

aurora nudged stiles, narrowing her eyes at his stupidity. he threw her the same look back before pinching her cheeks, slowly bringing the smile back to her face.

"your family's little honour code killed your mother. also, you two, stop. its gross." aurora and stiles pulled apart unwillingly, a bright blush covering aurora's cheeks. from what aurora could tell from the following conversations is that derek explicitly didn't want anything to do with lydia and alison's "clues".

aurora trailed along besides stiles as himself and scott muttered between themselves. aurora hated that stiles wanted to so badly protect her from the supernatural that he would ask them to stay out of their business when it came to it, a request to which she never complied.

"okay, what would a pack of alphas want with erica and boyd?"

"i'm not sure it's them they want." scott sighed, adjusting his backpack on his shoulder. the wolf's puppy eyes traveled down to stiles and rory's entwined hands. though he wouldn't admit it aloud; he was quite jealous of his best friend.

stiles got everything that he wanted with rory, a tiny, dependent, innocent girl. scott wanted it more than anything; and he'd only ever come so close with alison.

"okay what, like derek? like, they're recruiting?"

aurora and stiles stumbled to a halt once they realised scott had stopped walking. they turned back to the puppy eyed boy, who was watching the new twins walk together past them. aurora shivered; there was something so unnerving about their negative aura.

"scott? scotty?" stiles called, trying to get scott's attention back.

"hey!" rory snapped her fingers in front of the tall boy's face. "scoot mccute, stop boggling and let's go!"
the small girl stomped forward, her black sneakers slapping against the concrete with each step.

"did she just sna-"

"she called you cute!" stiles gasped, moving quickly to chase after his girlfriend. "hey! young lady, we need to talk!"

coach slammed the book against his desk, waking everyone up from their drowsy slumber. aurora let out a quiet squeak. stiles laughed at the tiny sound coming from behind him, remembering how easy it was to make his little girl jump.

"the stock market is based on two principles. what are they?" asked coach. to everyones surprise, only scott raised his hand. "yes, mccall, you can go to the bathroom. anybody else?"

"uh, no, coach, i know the answer." rory's eyebrows raised t the same time stiles perked up in interest. this was vey new.

coach laughed profusely in Scots face, as though they were best friends who had some inside joke. the classroom quieted as his laughing died down and he looked at the severity of Scott's face.  " oh, you're serious."

Scott smiled proudly, "yes. risk and reward."

shock filled the middle aged man's tired face, dull eyes brightening in excitement.  "wow! who are you? and what have you done to mccall? don't answer that. i like you better. I like you better. does anybody have a quarter? a quarter."

aurora's boyfriend spoke out; "yep." those iconically large hands dug through his tight jean pockets, fishing for the quarter. Rory hummed behind him as her eyes stared into the veins on his hands, but her pretty noises came to an abrupt stop when stiles' hand lefties pocket. in his hand was a quarter, but on the floor lay the vaguely familiar golden packet. the two's faces surely reciprocated one another with shock and embarrassment.

Coach bent down to pick it up off the floor, slowly exchanging the condom for the quarter. "stilinski, i think you, uh... you dropped this. and congratulations, to you both." his eyes travelled to and from the couple as stiles tried to babble out an excuse. "risk and reward. put the quarter in the mug, win the reward."

stiles swivelled around in his seat, eyes baring into aurora's flustered state. for a moment he was taken aback by how pretty she looked then. sometimes it surprised him that she got prettier by the minute, or he questioned how on earth such a pretty girl had chosen him. her baby hairs had fallen loose from behind the baby blue headband resting atop her wavy locks. those sweet doe eyes were glossy with embarrassment, the same reason that her pretty cheeks were so enflamed. stiles' eyes traveled down to his favourite pair of rose lips, eyeing the way her perfect pearls bit down on the bottom one.

he could just imagine those lips as he broke her down, made her fall apart beneath him. fuck, in that moment he would've bent her over the desk and taken her right there. lift that pretty little blue skirt over her teasing thighs, snatch that tiny white top off of her chest and had his way with her.

"a-are you okay, stiles?" her innocent voice lifted the spell of his fantasy, now coming back to the reality of the sweaty classroom.

"better than ever, baby."

"all right, stilinski." coach called the lanky boy up to play. stiles got up dazedly and made his way to the front.

"this one's for rory!" he joked giddily. carefully he lined up his vision with the coin and the cup.

"stiles." a new voice entered the room. noah stood in the doorway, watching stiles. rory's eyebrows creased in confusion.

"yeah, coach. i got it."

"stiles," rory called cautiously.

"hm?" he looked up, eyes travelling from his lover to where she pointed to his father with a gulp.

scott had the same look on his face as he did every other semester. it was never going to be normal.

GOY
CHAPTER EIGHT: RISK AND REWARD