Book 1 ~ Chapter 13

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was another early morning, and it was snowing. Korra went to the gym to practice with the guys. I decided to let her go ahead, since I told her I won't be watching the next match. But I was really trying to prepare myself to see Mako. I kept repeating the words in my head.

Act like nothing happened.

I took a deep breath before entering the gym. I opened the door and see them all on the floor, laughing.

"Feels good to see you back at practice, Korra," Mako said.

"Feels good to be back," Korra added.

"LEI!" Bolin shouted. I smiled lightly, as everyone's gazes fell to me, including him.

"Hey guys," I said as I made my way over to them.

"I thought you said you won't watch the game," Korra said. I looked at Mako, and he frowned.

"I changed my mind," I said softly, Bolin hugged me.

"Okay, come on, team huddle time," Mako said.

They were all trying to form a tight circle, and I was left standing there. They all looked at me.

"You're part of the team too, Lei," Mako said. I nodded and made my way to their tight circle.

"It's the first match of the tournament tonight, I know the three of us haven't been a team for very long but the fire ferrets have never been this good. Are you ready," Mako said.

"We're ready," Korra and Bolin said.

"Not quite," Asami's voice said from behind.

I turned around and saw her holding a new uniform for the team.

"Hey, Asami," Mako said as he made his way over to her.

"Good Morning, sweetie," Asami said. Ew, couple nicknames. I've always hated them.

"These new uniforms look great," Mako complimented as he examined one.

"You look great," Asami flirted. I cringed.

Korra looked disgusted and I laughed at her.

"Well, guys, Mako will see you before the match tonight. He and I have a lunch date," Asami said happily.

"I'm gonna go too, I'm meeting someone for lunch too," I said. I was meeting Iroh today, since he is in Republic City for a while.

"Oooohhhh! Lei's got a date!!!" Bolin teased. I rolled my eyes.

I looked at Mako, and could've sworn I saw him glance this way, before exiting the door. I exited the gym, as well, and made my way down the hall, and out of the gym. I saw Asami get into one of the Sato cars, but I didn't see Mako with her.

"Lei," someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Mako.

dammit.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked awkwardly. Mako rubbed the back of his head.

"Um, I was wondering, well, Asami and I, were wondering if the person you're meeting with would like to have lunch with us," Mako said awkwardly. I raised an eyebrow.