Chapter 18: Cooking and crafting

"It's a room spelled with magic, so that nobody can steal the treasures within." Oh, so it's like a vault.

"Has the room already been spelled?" I asked curiously.

"No, not yet milady. I will send for a magician to spell it tomorrow."

"Oh no, don't worry about sending for a mage, I will do it." I jumped at the chance to use magic again. I would use an Algorithmic spell to make sure that nobody broke into the room.

"Oh yes, that's right! Milady is a magician and can use dark magic." Said Mellie, who was starting to get all excited again.

"Please show me the way." I urged, I loved using magic, and I hadn't been able to since the tournament yesterday, so I was itching at the chance.

Agnes lead me out of my room and down the hall. It was a very long walk because of how huge the house was, but I enjoyed it because I got to peer in at all the rooms I hadn't seen during my tour.

Every room that was decorated, was done so beautifully. I saw a few more drawing rooms, and a bedroom that I thought would be nice for Alice to stay in when she got the chance to come and visit.

Then we came to the very last room at the edge of te house on the third floor. The doors were made of a very solid-looking dark brown wood.

"This is the room milady." Said Agnes. She opened the heavy doors slowly and showed me inside. I noticed that this room was much darker than the rest of the house, instead of the light and pastel paints that I had seen around the rest of the house, this room was made of dark a coloured wood, and the marble on the floor was grey. The room was a cylindrical shape and had a staircase that wound around the walls and lead up to a second story. This room had a different aura compared to the rest of the house, but I liked it, nonetheless.

 This room had a different aura compared to the rest of the house, but I liked it, nonetheless

"Alright let's do this!" I was so ready to do some magic. I concentrated my dark magic in my hands and let the black mist flow out of me and into the walls of this room.

"Algorithmic Magic." I called out, "Only myself, Mrs Agnes and Mr Bard can enter and leave this room freely. Anyone else will be blocked from this room with my dark magic shield and if some people manage to enter this room, they will be blocked from leaving with my divine-level dark magic shield and my black mist will seep from the walls and make them falls asleep."

Algorithmic magic was practically the same as coding and computer programming, which was what I was studying at university. All you had to do was think of logical commands and channel your powers correctly and you could cast a variety of amazing spells.

Once I was finished chanting, I smiled brightly, feeling very proud of myself. Now, nobody besides us three would be able to enter this room, but if they had a special magic negating device and managed to get inside, my divine level dark magic shield would stop them from coming out. Thus, I would have trapped the thieves within the room. Furthermore, to stop them from finding a way out, my black sleeping mist (a spell I learned from Lord Umfrey that would make whoever breathed it, fall asleep) would render them unconscious. Therefore, my room was completely fool proof.