Chapter Four [How would you like to be killed]

The warmth inside the car is making Jennie drowsy. When she opens her eyes again, she is already in a garage. Jennie only learns that it is owned by Jisoo in the future. The place is as gigantic as an underground carpark packed with rows of expensive cars. If it is left for Jennie to guess on her own, she would have never realised this is actually a private garage. 

After they reach the ground floor, a white mansion appears in front of them. Jennie follows Jisoo's step timidly as she admires this pretty house. She also clearly notices there is not a single lit window. 

Jisoo opens one door after another and turns around to see a girl hiding under the shades outside. She says impatiently, 'Hurry up and come in.' 

A foot makes its way to the carpet. However, once it makes a landing, it immediately leaves an obvious water spot on it. 

Jennie lifts up her foot instantly as if she just got burnt. Her cat eyes meet Jisoo's helplessly. 

'I said come in now!' Jisoo roars. 

The kid by the door shivers, completely exposing her fear. Jisoo sighs and shakes her shoes off. Her feet glide onto her slippers and turns on a ton of switches before walking upstairs. 

In the meantime, Jennie is digging her pair of slippers buried at the bottom of her backpack. She changes into them, carries her backpack and steps inside with her tiptoes. She looks like an alerted cat, inspecting the new environment. When she sneaks past the wet footprint on the carpet, she gulps and sprints away from the crime scene. 

The inner design of this mansion is heavily influenced by the Korean culture, mainly the style from the Joseon dynasty. Almost all of the furnitures are antiques and made from Hongmu. (A type of redwood) The spacious living room has traditional landscape drawings hung all over the walls. There are even display tables exhibiting porcelains and sculptures. Jennie feels like she just time travelled back to the past. 

Jennie follows Jisoo up the stairs, still tip-toeing as if Jisoo is going to tape her mouth shut if she makes a single sound. When she reaches the second floor, Jisoo's voice drifts down from above, 'The guest bedroom is on the second floor, the third room on your right. Go and take a shower!' 

'Alright...' Jennie cups her mouth and replies at that direction. She sticks out her tongue secretly. Jisoo never speaks in a non-commanding tone. 

The bathroom connected to the guest room is larger than any single room Jennie has ever rented. She turns out the tap, her head falls back, and allows the hot water to stream down her body. Her weariness is completely washed off. 

Jennie can finally concentrate on thinking about what on earth has happened tonight. 

How was I kidnapped from the streets to such a luxurious mansion? Jisoo doesn't seem to be planning on doing any harm. Is it because of Rosé? But how would she know I am spending my night outdoors? 

Anyway, I have to thank her once again. 

Jennie finishes her shower quickly and closes the tap. She doesn't forget to rub her hair dry before changing into her pyjamas and walk upstairs. 

Jisoo's room is extremely easy to search for. It is the only room with the lights on on the entire floor. 

Jennie creeps her way to the door. Even though she discovers the angelic side of Jisoo, her heart still jumps up to her throat when she imagines herself talking to Jisoo face to face. 

The door is not closed. Dim light from the tiny lamp is escaping from the gap. The yellowish orange light and the piano's sound playing through a speaker smoothens the atmosphere inside the room. Jisoo is facing the French doors which is occupies the entire wall all by herself. Outside the window is complete darkness. Her figure is so slim that it almost blends into the dark. Jennie suddenly sniffs. She doesn't understand why but at that moment, she suddenly feels how lonely the woman is.